Popular Tags: [View All]
John Heder
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My second time playing was the other day with only 2 players, myself (of course) and Rayito.

The first time I played, I had misinterpreted a rule on the placement of the tiles and it helped to make the game somewhat excruciating. Playing with the correct rule increased my enjoyment factor tremendously. But even playing the wrong way gave me a little bit of knowledge of what I wanted or needed to do in this game.

The game started off in one direction and seemed to stay that way for the remainder of the game. Rayito was successfully able to gain and retain controll of more temples than me, but I quickly gathered many more treasures than he did.

After the first scoring round, Rayito lead by about 5 points, and we proceeded with me trying to get more and better temples but with Rayito succeeding, and me gaining more and more treasures.

After the second scoring round, Rayito continued to lead by about 5 points, but my treasure collection was helping me stay in the game.

At the end of the 3rd scoring round, I had creapt up on him and was only behind by about 3 points.

At the final scoring round we scored Rayito and counted the points I needed if I were to catch up to him. By an informal preliminary count, I had him by a few points, but somehow, when we actually counted them up, I ended at 100 to Rayito's 103 - or something like that.

One of my biggest struggles in the game was gaining temples. It seemed as if Rayito was able to play more and more good temple tiles toward the end of the game right next to where he was, while the tiles I pulled didn't seem to be any help or much help to me.

Another thing that hurt me was having to place a whole lot of workers in a temple tile to get control of it, then In two or three instances, I chose to go ahead and place a guard on a temple which then cost me several workers, leaving Rayito with a plethora of workers to manipulate and me with only a few.

It was a good game and one that I enjoyed, helping me feel glad that I got it instead of wondering if I would ever play it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Knauer
United States
Heathrow
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you play with the advanced rule where tiles are auctioned off? If not, I highly recommend playing it that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Heder
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We did not play the auction rule. As this was my second time playing and for all intents and purposes it was the same for Rayito, we played with the regular rules. The aucion rules are being saved for another time. When that wil be I do not have any clue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.