Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone please post the size of the hexes and each board; I gather there needs to be space for 3 squads (bases) per hex; and an overall gaming area of 3x4 boards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I´m interested in this information too, but I can´t seem to find any specifics...
But if you check out the video at FFG, you should be able to get some kind of idea of the size of things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike zebrowski
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
From flat-side to flat-side it is about 640 pixels, at 300dpi, that puts it at just over 2 inches.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Forsythe
United States
Strafford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
OK, so if you layed out a board that was 3x4 tiles, with each tile being 4x5 hexes, then you should get a board that is a bit over 24" by 40". If you layed them out 1x12 tiles you could have a 120" long board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Maddening
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From border to border, flat side to flat side, the hexes are 54mm, or 2-1/8". The boards are 271mm x 187mm, or 10-11/16" x 7-3/8".

(thanks for an excuse to go and open the production sample copy!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Nott
United States
Warrensburg
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
What is the scale of on hex? - that is to say what does 1 hex on the board represent in the real world?

100m? 40m?

Is it in the rulebook, i have it printed out but I didn't see any mention of it perhaps i overlooked it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike zebrowski
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Lagduf wrote:
What is the scale of on hex? - that is to say what does 1 hex on the board represent in the real world?

100m? 40m?

Is it in the rulebook, i have it printed out but I didn't see any mention of it perhaps i overlooked it.

It is not defined.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Nott
United States
Warrensburg
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
Mike Zebrowski wrote:
Lagduf wrote:

100m? 40m?

It is not defined.

Interesting.

Thanks for the reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone report on the length of the Sherman, Pz IV and Tiger I?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I just measured. Two and one-eighths of an inch is exactly the size of the "Commands & Colors: Ancients" hexes. I believe this also matches the "Memoir '44" hexes.

Looking at the tanks, they appear to be slightly bigger than "Memoir '44" tanks.

Not quite big enough to fit "Axis & Allies minis" tanks, but some of the other vehicles might work if desired.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Maddening
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barry Kendall wrote:
Can anyone report on the length of the Sherman, Pz IV and Tiger I?

The vehicles (tanks, halftracks, and trucks) measure between 35-38mm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Jeremy. Hmm, sounds like they are close to Memoir '44 size (1/160 scale). Not quite up to 1/144, apparently, though that size might still fit in the hexes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jackson Riker
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Post Barry, I have been trying (somewhat successfully) to use my AA minis in mem44, and this might be a better fit. I do love to use the snipers in the Russian expansion, and the machine guns for the Pegasus bridge scenario....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Jackson. I agree about the snipers (and from buying a case of boosters I have plenty more than an A&A:M game would allow or require. I've also been thinking that the regular A&A infantry types would fit better visually with the Memoir '44 tanks than the big guys that come with the set (and is it my imagination, or are the Soviet soldiers even bigger?!).

You might also like to know that there is a great set of WW II Partisans out in plastic. One box makes enough for the French Resistance scenarios in Memoir '44. They have nice bases and don't fall as easily as the older 20mm plastic figures sometimes do.

Check on the "Plastic Soldier Review" site, go to "Periods" and scroll down until you see them listed. Click on and you'll see photos!

Wrong scale for A&A, but they work great with the Germans that come with Memoir '44.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.