Champions of Midgard» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about the Market Stall? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennie Bansil Jr.
United States
New York
flag msg tools
There seems to be no indication in the rule book as to how it works. If someone places their worker on that tile do they keep it? Or does it stay there for the remainder of the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you asking does the person who placed their worker on a market tile get to keep the market tile?

No. They get to do what the market tile says and then take off their worker at the end of the round.

I'm thinking I'm not understanding your question though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennie Bansil Jr.
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Yes that's what I was asking. I read somewhere that they could only be activated once per game? Sounds pretty useless if that would be the case

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Espinoza
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Not once per game. Perhaps you would benefit from watching some gameplay videos. There's not many, but take a look at this video of the designer playing the game on Tabletopia. They use the stalls right away and keep using them throughout the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They function exactly like all the other placement spots on the board; they just add some variability from game to game and keep the board tight at 2-3 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Selander
United States
Ooltewah
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarnop wrote:
They function exactly like all the other placement spots on the board; they just add some variability from game to game and keep the board tight at 2-3 players.
Right, which is why the rulebook instructs you to return the extra tiles to the box. And nowhere is there any implication that Market stalls get taken by players. Sounds like the OP was given a faulty explanation by someone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hermes ayala

Littleton
COLORADO
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As bad of a question as this might of sounded by the op, the rules are very very thin on info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bull
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did anyone who responded to this thread actually check the rule book? As the OP said, there is no mention of how the Market Stall works either in the general rules or in the appendix, regardless of how obvious you may think the actions in question are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's true, but the rules do tell us what a worker placement spot is (and all the tiles have one of those). It also tells us how to read a cost and a benefit from the icons used next to the spot. So the rules do give us the tools we need to understand them.

edit: and the updated rules pdf in the files section does a much better job of explaining things in detail
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Selander
United States
Ooltewah
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GameplayerOfTitan wrote:
Did anyone who responded to this thread actually check the rule book? As the OP said, there is no mention of how the Market Stall works either in the general rules or in the appendix, regardless of how obvious you may think the actions in question are.

Are you suggesting that we have the rules wrong, or are you suggesting that we are being critical of the OP?
The publisher has stated that it was an oversight that the Stalls were not included in the appendix. So, the rules regarding the Stalls have been clarified in this forum.
Anyway, I don't think the OP's reading of the rules is at fault: like I said originally, I think the OP was given bad information from someone else.

(Edited for grammar)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.