GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,385 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Commands & Colors: Ancients» Forums » General

Subject: Exact block and hex dimensions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Hi, CCA'ers. I'm considering fashioning some CCA-style stickered blocks for BattleLore and, for various reasons, I'd kinda like my homemade block reservoir to match up with the comparable CCA blocks (in length, width, depth, and hopefully stain colour).

So, what exactly are the dimensions of the wood blocks included in CCA, if you don't mind? I understand there are several different 'types' (foot units, Mounted, Elephants, Leaders).

Thanks much.

PS. Are the hexes in C&CA the same dimensions as those in BattleLore?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Well, I've found the info I was looking for (exact block dimensions are in the online-published rulebook).

In case anyone else finds this thread in the future and wants the answers, the blocks are all 8mm deep, and have face dimensions of 16x16, 21x21, 26x26, and 21x26.

Now I've got a project on my hands - wood-block BattleLore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And, for the sake of completeness, what is the size of the stickers that go on these blocks?

PS. If anyone needs to make block variants for different games, note that spare sets of blocks can be purchased from GMT (at quite a reasonable price, IMO).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.