Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Brown
United States
Orcutt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I, like many others, have fond memories of this game as a child. I can still remember the tornado shaped funnel and the dark colored plastic cat trays. I think I used the marble hopper as a prison for my action figures on occasion. I also have a distant memory of a sore thumb from pushing that darn button so furiously.

Cat's Eye is a game about getting the right marbles on your cat as quick as possible. The last marble you get must be the black one, or the "cat's eye." Play involves pushing your little yellow button to allow your marbles to come out of the dispenser. You must quickly grab the ones you want while tossing the colors you do not want back into the top of the marble hopper.

The more recent version I own is different in several ways than the older model. The marbles are plastic. The marble hopper seems to be smaller and more flimsy, or maybe I'm just alot bigger and stronger now. The hopper has a tendency to allow several plastic marbles to get stuck in the mechanism at a time, causing game play to be very frustrating. We are trying to get out as many marbles as possible here, having the whole thing get jammed up is not acceptable in a game about speed. The cat "trays" in my newer version are cardboard with stylized cat art and foam rubber tabs to keep it raised upon the table surface. The art has a more appealing look than the older plain colored cats, although I think I prefer the later for sentimental reasons.

When the hopper is working right, this game is fast and furious. I have played with my younger daughters and the game encourages shouting and accusations of marble hoarding and bad luck, all in good fun, of course.
"Hey, who keeps getting my blues?"
"Why can't I get any stinking reds?"
"Woo hoo! Four yellows in a row!"
"All I need is a black marble, where is it?!"

Cat's Eye is a classic and can supply many games of entertainment for the right group of friends or family.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.