Subject: DAK but no Med Front rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Hojnacki
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So in our current game, Russia declared war on Germany in March '40 and conquered Romania by June '40. With the East Front threatening Germany the invasion of France was called off. Italy is still neutral. But if they do join the war eventually I have some questions

Now the reinforcement turns for DAK and Africa Corp have come and gone.

If these units are destroyed in the East Front, can they be rebuilt in Tripoli?

If they're shipped to the Med Front do they take acclimatization hits?

Thanks Steve

Current Game photo August 1941

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RedPlanet
Australia
Gold Coast
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

to answer your question, I would say

1. DAK killed in EF - no rebuild in Tripoli
2. Shipped to MF - yes -2 acclimatization

BUT ............

by the look of your map , there are some questions to be asked?

1. was Finland defeated or offered armistice. if not then Soviet HQ's will be costing them 20PPs per cv !!!

also there are no soviets in Leningrad either , so Finnish ZOC claims the city!!! -6PPs for the Soviets

2. Are the Soviets using Allied costs? if you SM then you have to wait till SG W'41 BEFORE you use 1/2 price .......

3. VERY important Diplomatic Events are available to the Axis following SM .....
IU FX(occurred?) AC JL(-10 pps permanent!!!)

there are some BIG handicaps against the soviets doing SM ......

would like to know the series of events?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hojnacki
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes, Finland was defeated and offered an armistice. Through the diplomatic events the Soviets HQs are the currently at 10 PP.
1a) Yeah Ops I did mistakenly rail a unit out of the city during the last turn. My bad.
2) Yes the Soviets are currently using Western PP points.
3) Axis Diplomatic Events: AC, JI, and IU has occurred. Although Italy Unleashed occurring is pointless as Italy is still neutral even though giving Germany money.

Are there BIG handicaps? Meh I don't think so. With the conquest of Romania the Soviets are currently at 81 PP (not counting the Leningrad mistake). BUT the Germans are only at 67 PP (not counting limited Finland's 3)and paying 15 PP per HQ due to loss of Romania oil. AND France is unconquered giving the Allies 47 PP. 128 vs 67 in September 1941. Things are going great in my opinion.

ALSO what that map doesn't show is the 8 German dead units vs 1 Allied and 4 Soviet. Even more problems for the Germans.

The US will most likely come into the war landing safely at French ports.

My opponent should have rolled the dice and ignored the east and put all his chips into conquering France in April/May '40.

With SM taking the Soviets from 26-27 PP per turn to 80 PP and allowing production to begin on Reserve Armies, Cavalry and allow redeployment into far better positions than historical Barbarossa set up far exceeds the downsides.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RedPlanet
Australia
Gold Coast
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

you are right about jerry ignoring the east to finish off france.
the axis may as well take the cyanide now.

if france was beaten , then I think your reds would be in trouble.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan de Marco
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a cool game, very interested in seeing how this turns out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hojnacki
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game ended rather quickly. October sees the Germans and Soviets battling south of Pripet marshes, Each side losing about a dozen steps in four weeks of attack and counter attack. In November 1941 the Soviets rolled a '1' for the SE diplomatic event. Phony War ends and come next month France will start building up prepare to conquer the Rhur in the spring. I was actually figuring out how the Allies will invade Belgium and Holland to gain better access to Germany.

But it all ended in December 1941. The Soviets rolled a '1' and achieved diplomatic event SG (Soviets use Soviet troop costs). The German player demoralized by my horse shoe up butt luck decides playing the game will be futile.

In retrospect I can't blame my opponent for throwing in the towel. I had INSANE luck with diplomatic events. Soviets rolled whatever they needed whenever I wanted. The Germans really never had a chance to conquer the Low Countries and France and USSR steamed rolled into Romania so quickly the Germans couldn't protect the oil fields.

USSR declaring war can be a high risk gamble, but luck was on my side and Germany was overwhelmed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.