Popular Tags: [View All]
Robyn Z
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the back of the rules it says:

"You may notice the reverse side of all decks are the same, despite the fact that decks never get mixed. It is for the sake of future features and game modes. Some of them may appear at www.tash-kalar.com soon."

anything come about from this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Mc'Art
Belgium
Lillois
flag msg tools
badge
AllYearLong Santa
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, nothing seen for the moment.

You could mix all decks in a single pile of cards so that everyone uses the same huge deck (as legendary beings). It has the advantage that you can't claim that a specific faction could be stronger.

Note that you could also mix the everfrost deck expansion, but not the Neverthoid deck expansion as the "Gateway" is a feature of that specific deck and it looses some rules if mixed up.

Olivier

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. There's an official Draft Variant on the site:

http://tash-kalar.com/variants.html

It's fun! My partner and I also like to play "Surprise Draft", which is six rounds of 3 (i.e. each of us draws 3 cards, keeps one and passes the other two, then keeps one of the two and passes the third card back), so that we each have 6 cards the other hasn't seen). This is less balanced but mostly neutralizes my advantage in knowing the cards better.

You can play Nethervoid in Draft; if the Gateway is someone else's piece, and you summon a Nethervoid being, your new summon becomes the Gateway regardless of its rank.

(I think this was in the Nethervoid manual at some point in playtesting? Whether or not it's official, it works fine for a casual mode like draft. It makes Nethervoid cards slightly weaker when played individually, which is appropriate since one of their main drawbacks as a faction is giving away too much flare power. So when you take a Nethervoid card out of its original deck, you gain a little and lose a little.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.