Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Shakespeare» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rest tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
maeddes maeddison
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
badge
Der Mensch wird am Du zum Ich. Buber
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wich character to not block is a important decision made by looking at the other players tableaus.
The rules do not mention in which order the players must declare their decision as final. Turnorder, order of initiative or something else?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A C
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
maeddes wrote:
Which character to not block is a important decision made by looking at the other players tableaus.
The rules do not mention in which order the players must declare their decision as final. Turnorder, order of initiative or something else?

We do it simultaneously. Yes, you can have a look at why the others are doing, but we generally don't mind much.

I would not be surprised if this had to be done in turn order, though. In that case, I'd opt for the "one-at-a-time" approach. So each player rests one character in turn.

Hope this helps?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Puram
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
Let's meet up for games and coffee!
badge
Golden... As in Oldie! I'm new to the Portland area and looking for gamers to game with and new gaming groups to join! I'm 50+ and like most games but do have a special affinity for dry, cube pushing euros!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I also thought it was a bit odd to simply rule that you couldn't look at other players boards. If it bothers you to simply avert your eyes a simple solution would be to use one sided tokens of which all had an x marked on them except one which would be a "dummy" marker. All players could place their tokens on all of their used characters and when everyone is set, flip them over to reveal which ones are blocked. A little more fiddly to do it this way but one possible solution. You'd have to create your own tokens of course. I've got enough wooden discs and stuff lying around that I'd probably use those and mark x's on the bottom with a sharpie or something.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elias
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Give us lettuce or give us death (or carrots).
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rulebook (page ll):

"If they wish to do so, players can decide to not play the Rest phase simultaneously, but in the order of the Initiative track."
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Puram
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
Let's meet up for games and coffee!
badge
Golden... As in Oldie! I'm new to the Portland area and looking for gamers to game with and new gaming groups to join! I'm 50+ and like most games but do have a special affinity for dry, cube pushing euros!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EliasDKehr wrote:
From the rulebook (page ll):

"If they wish to do so, players can decide to not play the Rest phase simultaneously, but in the order of the Initiative track."


I missed that myself. That's absolutely a fine option, although it does require changing the nature of this part of the game from simultaneous action selection to reactive turn based selection.

If you wish to keep the resting choices as simultaneous selection, but just dislike the fact that it's too easy to inadvertently or intentionally see what other people are doing, crafting one sided rest markers (see above) is easy to do.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Myers
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
http://playtmg.com/
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
When 2 people have the jewler and only one yellow (gold) part comes out from the bag, then it is important to know what the other player is doing and who they are resting.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Piefer "Luke Luke The Orange"

Brooklyn
New York
msg tools
mbmb
goldengamer wrote:
EliasDKehr wrote:
From the rulebook (page ll):

"If they wish to do so, players can decide to not play the Rest phase simultaneously, but in the order of the Initiative track."


I missed that myself. That's absolutely a fine option, although it does require changing the nature of this part of the game from simultaneous action selection to reactive turn based selection.

If you wish to keep the resting choices as simultaneous selection, but just dislike the fact that it's too easy to inadvertently or intentionally see what other people are doing, crafting one sided rest markers (see above) is easy to do.


It doesn't say you can't look at their board, it just says you can't look at what they're doing. You should be able to see what options they had for their rest tokens. We just decide who we're going to rest without placing our tokens. That way everyone can keep looking at their opponents' boards. Then when everyone says they've decided who they're going to rest, we place our rest tokens without looking at anyone else's board.

I like the order of initiative variant. It helps negate what I consider an excessive advantage for having initiative - namely, getting a prestige point for going first even though you didn't actually bid the fewest cylinders.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.