Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Hickey
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
if a driver has to pit before his automatic refueling stop,say, for damage purposes or trajectory check fail, does he also have to pit again for the refuel? EG I am scheduled for refuel on turn ten. On turn 8 I pit for tire purposes. Can I just add 10 turns for my next refuel,on turn 18, or do I have to turn around and pit again in two turns, on the scheduled turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, a pit is a pit. The automatic pit lap number is just a reminder that you have to have done a pit stop before or on that lap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Lala
United Kingdom
Weston-Super-Mare
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
badge
Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.
mbmbmbmbmb
You will advance your refuel marker to turn 18. Consequently there will be no obligation to pit at turn 10 (your marker is now further ahead).

kdh325 wrote:
if a driver has to pit before his automatic refueling stop,say, for damage purposes or trajectory check fail, does he also have to pit again for the refuel? EG I am scheduled for refuel on turn ten. On turn 8 I pit for tire purposes. Can I just add 10 turns for my next refuel,on turn 18, or do I have to turn around and pit again in two turns, on the scheduled turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone on these forums suggested a house rule for pitting early. You would just add 10 turns of fuel to where the pit marker currently is. So if you where scheduled to pit on turn 10, but did pit on turn 8, then your fuel marker would be pushed back from 10 to 20 to show that you are adding 10 turns of fuel to your current tank (which has 2 turns left of fuel). Personally, I like this house rule and will suggest it for my next season.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryan3740 wrote:
Someone on these forums suggested a house rule for pitting early. You would just add 10 turns of fuel to where the pit marker currently is. So if you where scheduled to pit on turn 10, but did pit on turn 8, then your fuel marker would be pushed back from 10 to 20 to show that you are adding 10 turns of fuel to your current tank (which has 2 turns left of fuel). Personally, I like this house rule and will suggest it for my next season.

If you start the race with a full tank - fuel for ten turns - but pit at the 8th turn, you refuel and then only have another full tank for ten turns, not 12 turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) A full tank is 16 turns, not ten. Just because you do not ever select 16 does not mean that it does not exist.

2) I said a house rule, not the official rule.meeple After hearing the about the new strategies with expansion 2 that allow you to play with your fuel load, the house rule may have even more use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ismael Descolado
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryan3740 wrote:

Humm... I liked this rule, Ryan. Very good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lochi Lochi
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was in the discussion about that house rule and as a F1 geek I certainly like to play with it, to me it gives the game an additional touch of reality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryan3740 wrote:
1) A full tank is 16 turns, not ten. Just because you do not ever select 16 does not mean that it does not exist.

2) I said a house rule, not the official rule.meeple After hearing the about the new strategies with expansion 2 that allow you to play with your fuel load, the house rule may have even more use.

Fair enough, but then you can stretch it even further....why is a pit stop for 8 turns fuel as long as a pit stop for 16 turns fuel? You could change the length of the pit stop then. A shorter pit stop should perhaps only mowe 4 out of 6 spaces back ward. Just an idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slotracer wrote:
ryan3740 wrote:

Fair enough, but then you can stretch it even further....why is a pit stop for 8 turns fuel as long as a pit stop for 16 turns fuel? You could change the length of the pit stop then. A shorter pit stop should perhaps only mowe 4 out of 6 spaces back ward. Just an idea.

If you notice in the 3.0L rulebook Alessandro allowed for a fuel only pitstop. I noticed that, and then inquired why there was no option for tyres only or to shorten the pitstop time if you take less fuel. For example, take 7 turns of fuel for -1 to pit stop time, or take -3 for tyres only (which is half of the shortest pit time so far). Alessandro did not feel that it would be all that helpful, and might be harmful when combined with the pitting ability.

Imagine the French car (8 tires, 5 body, 7 hand) with the pitting skill in Monza. You could pit for tyres only at -1 pit time, which is a huge advantage. Take hard tyres and you will end the pit with 7 race cards and 3 track cards for -1 movement. Why would you not do that every few turns!?

You can make a house rule to allow for -1 or maybe -2 at most for taking less fuel. Realistically though, if you are pitting with 7 turns left in the game, then I would rather use one of the new strategies to burn fuel or hazard for the extra movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ismael Descolado
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

[sorry my english]
After read the advanced rules 3.0, I can believe that refuel in pit stop need more atention (and not is HOUSE RULE - is a RULE). If you anticipate your pit a lot, you can have troubles.

You want to do a pit stop in turn 16. You anticipates to turn 8. In this situation you CANNOT add +10 fuel turns, because you have 8 fuel turns in your car. If you add +10 fuel turns, you will get 18 fuel turns (max limit is 16).

Ok, you add +8 fuel turns and have 16 fuel turns after pit stop. You move your refueling token to turn 24. Humm... man... the race will finish in turn 26!
Can I move my car +1 section to move the refueling token to turn 27? NO! Because your fuel tank is full (16 turns).

This rule (not house rule) is great! More realism to your races.

Caution when to anticipate your pit stop a lot of turns, you can need stop at the finish of race.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, if you bid for qualifying by putting your first pit stop at 16 (-2 to bid) and then you wind up pitting on turn 8, you have to take a full pit stop to really only add 2 turns of fuel.

If you mark your first pit stop on turn 16 and manage to last that long, then you still need 11 turns of fuel to finish a race that is 26 turns.

This has always seemed odd to me, since pitting on the beginning of turn 16 only gives you 15 full turns of fuel. For a race that is 26 turns long you are not able to break it into stints of 16/10, but max 15/11. However, a stint of 10/16 is possible, but you have to bid for pole using a 12 (0 to bid) and pit on the beginning of turn 11. Then you might as well just stay out to change your stints to 11/15 (pit on 12), which you end the game with your pit marker on turn 28 instead of turn 27, which is one extra turn of fuel.

The new strategies may entice you to take more fuel though. I know I am planning on it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ismael Descolado
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The new strategies may entice you to take more fuel though. I know I am planning on it!

Oh yes, the new "Push/Save Fuel" strategy are making me nervous. HOW this strategy will manage fuel? Which bonus/penalty you will gain?
Speculating "Push": You can move +2 or +3 extra sections after move your car. If you do, move the refueling token 1 turn backward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So one stop races is no more?
Not that I've ever managed it, so no problem there for me.

Shouldn't use of fuel be adjusted by how fast you drive?
For ex. if you move 10 or more spaces, you lose/spent fuel for an extra turn and most pit a turn earlier than planned?
I don't recall any in my group moving more than 9 spaces for more than one or twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
descolado1 wrote:
Oh yes, the new "Push/Save Fuel" strategy are making me nervous. HOW this strategy will manage fuel? Which bonus/penalty you will gain?
We were told you can adjust the fuel strategy mid race. So far, strategies only give +1 movement for one damage. This is a 1 for 1 ratio. I imagine the new strategies follow this.

Slotracer wrote:
So one stop races is no more?
All the released tracks last 26 to 28 turns. Right now a one stop maximum race would look allow you to pit on 16, fill up full 16 turns to pit again on 32. That gives you enough fuel for a race 31 turns long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Karlsson Mantel
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible with only one pit stop for a player in the race?

If you choose to have first fuel marker on turn 16. If you then pit on turn 16 you get 10 more fuel which puts the marker on turn 26, On Hungaroring this is the last turn which means the player needs to pit on the last turn cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tolchock wrote:

If you choose to have first fuel marker on turn 16. If you then pit on turn 16 you get 10 more fuel which puts the marker on turn 26, On Hungaroring this is the last turn which means the player needs to pit on the last turn cry

They are talking about a new rule her for fuel/pitstop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Karlsson Mantel
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slotracer wrote:
Tolchock wrote:

They are talking about a new rule her for fuel/pitstop.

Yes, but my question is a complete seperate one =) Did not want to start a new thread just for this ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Viktor, in the basic game you only have to stop once. In the advanced game you may add more turns of fuel at the cost of +1 section for every 3 turns of fuel added. This is in the second paragraph on page 15 of the printed rule book. There is no limit to the amount of extra fuel you can take.

In the 3.0L rule book you are allowed a maximum of 16 turns of fuel, which means you can add up to two sections for six more turns of fuel during a pit stop.

Using your example of Hungary, I can pit on turn 12-14 and take 16 turns of fuel for a total pit stop delta of 10 sections. Or I can pit on turn 15 or 16 and take 13 turns of fuel for a delta of 9 sections.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.