Michael Berg
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You can count on me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sick of seeing the movie cost entertainment value comparison, so in my head any time someone references it I've started picturing myself watching Star Wars on opening night with a hundred other wide eyed compatriots.

It makes me happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
Portage
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes BUT...
how many saltines would you get for the same price?
figure 7 for every 30 seconds.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The time/cost ratio for entertainment (whether its movies or games) only makes sense for people with copious amounts of free time to waste that consider spent time as the reward instead of the cost of entertainment media.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
Opportunity Cost.

I can't quite remember what that means, but I'm sure it applies here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm flying ($210) to Austin with my wife and daughter to watch Star Wars with my other kids that live there. We are getting a hotel room ($600) and renting a car ($330). We are going to my favorite theater, the Drafthouse ($70), and eating and drinking there during the movie ($120 estimated at this point).

All told, seeing the new Star Wars movie with my kids at my favorite theater will cost me $1330. Worth every penny.

Surprisingly, this is not even close to the most expensive movie experience of mine. I once paid about $72000 to see one movie semi-regularly.

I do not recommend it.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.