1 Posts

Relationship Tightrope» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Relationship Tightrope Noir rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Morgan
United States
flag msg tools
**(best read with a Bronx or Italian accent)

The city is Tucson where the weather is often hot and so are the games of Relationship Tightrope. That night was the social event of the season. Well it was if the season was limited to that one weekend in January. We sat at the table sizing each other up. Across from me was Jonathan my business partner, a shrewd man who showed his chops in Vegas Showdown; but how was he with relationships? To my right was Josh, a.k.a. the warlock, a steel-eyed player but he was the new kid in town. To my left was the only dame at the table. Her name was Eva, she was known as the chocolate queen of Tucson. Some say she is like a habanero pepper; you mess with her, you get burned.

The first round, the dame showed she couldn't cut it with the boys. She found herself taking more blue sticks than a two-bit boxer takes dives. Jonathan was a cool customer but managed to take a few sticks himself. The new kid, Josh, he took it on the chin quite a bit. I did OK, but it wasn’t my best night.

In the second round, Jonathan, ya know my (legitimate) business partner, managed to snow us all and come out with a big fat zero. So he scratched his score from the first round. The dame continued to take it like a man. In fact she took just about every blue stick out there. Josh, well he picked up a few points and I felt obliged to pick up a few myself.

The third round was rather uneventful. I mean nobody got killed or noth’n. Jonathan picked up a point or two. I mean he was like ice, cool and slippery.

The forth round I found myself stuck with a bunch of low cards and only a couple of high ones. I made my plays for the low ones. But Josh, he was picking up pink sticks like floozies at the Night Owl lounge. On the other side the dame was taking blue sticks, like a cop takes bribes, ya know many and often.

I ended the game with a suckers score. The dame won the prize for blue sticks, we sure knew who wore the pants in her family. Josh won a buncha pink sticks, so I’m betting he will be picking out curtains or going to afternoon tea real soon. Jonathan, that no good partner of mine gots himself another zero and finished the game with a perfect zero. Ya know, Tucson sure can be a tough town, for relationships!
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.