7 Posts

Field Commander: Rommel» Forums » General

Subject: Warped Boards in Deluxe Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ron E
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Community - just received a brand new copy of Rommel: Deluxe Edition - upon unsealing the box - I noticed that all the boards were slightly (D-Day) to greatly (Ghost Division) warped -- is this common for this game? any remedies folks can recommend? I presently have them under a stack of boxes to hopefully flatten out some -- disappointing to say the least (the mounted boards after all were a big draw for the deluxe edition for me) - thanks for your time and considerations - ron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ron. Sorry to hear of your problem. My boards were perfectly flat when they arrived, and remain so today.

If I were in your shoes I'd attempt to return the game; warped boards aren't what you paid good money for.

Regards
Stuart

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Horinek
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
Dan Dare, 1950
badge
Stairway scare, Dan Dare, who's there!
mbmbmbmbmb
My boards were also slightly wrapped, but fortunately the way they stay nicely on the table and not the other way round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the joys of using overseas printers for thick cardboard products is the possibility of moisture from "incomplete curing" or during transport. Set them out to dry overnight (flat and exposed to air) then try the book routine. Inconvenient, but you have time to read the rules and separate the counters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vander Dlonk
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

My boards were bubbled. I received replacements which subsequently bubbled. Whereupon I just played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Richards
Australia
Mittagong
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly the cheap quality of the boards mean that most people have this problem, the card stock and cheap materials used cause it to be so. Also the gloss finish on the maps is a terrible no no for the glossy chits as they don't slide well.

The components of the game are about on par with the ordinary nature of the game play. Its a better two player game. its not really a solo game its a gimmick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Horinek
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
Dan Dare, 1950
badge
Stairway scare, Dan Dare, who's there!
mbmbmbmbmb
The thing with DVG is that they really try to make their components excellent. And they keep screwing up on basic things - badly centered tokens, badly centered cards (they are probably the last company in the world constantly having this problem) and glossy play mat - yes people play on a table and there is usually a ceiling lamp or such so the glossy mat makes you blind.
The game itself is great, like majority of their games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.