Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dave boulton
United Kingdom
etchingham
E. Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
can anyone help me with which storage thing I should back on kickstater?

I have got the original £90 pledge for normandie

the 3 scenarios packs;
carenten
Pegasus ridge
mere eglise

and the £25 pound pledge for shadows over normandie

also the expansions from the subscribed newsletter thing

and have backed the 47euro pledge

will this be enough to contain everything I have?

I have tried asking the guys at devil pig (and understandably they have been a bit busy to help) which hasn't helped (so far)

do I need the cthulu pledge level as well?

hoping for a quick answer

dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You only need the Shadows storage if you pledged for the full Cthulhu pledge on the second KS. You said you only pledged for the Dagon level, so you have Pointe du Hoc.

Just add-on the "Complete HoN Collection" That will cover everything you have. It really is that simple.

Throw in the "Cthulhu Mythos" storage add-on if you want to keep the few SoN items you got in themed storage. Since you pledged for the Dagon level on KS2, it does not sound like you are interested in Shadows Over Normandie so I am not sure if you want those in themed storage as well...

Are you storing the terrain boards in the base box? I am assuming you are since you did not mention storage for terrain tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Rockets
Canada
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy Shipping costs batman!!!!

1 wave shipping cost:
USA: between 12€ and 18€
Canada: between 18€ and 38€
America: between 30€ and 46€
2 waves shipping cost:
USA: 30€
Canada: 54€
America: Not available

EDIT :

Okay - so the Wave one and Wave 2 thing is written a little odd - Makes sense with Native tounge french.

Anyway - Option to get 2 shipments, so some stuff earlier - that's the 2 wave. If you wait to get everything all at once - projected Sept 2016 - then you pay the 1 wave shipping . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Adding more weight to one shipment is a big savings over sending the materials in two different shipments. Apparently most of the cost is incurred at the point of pick-up and delivery (truck and driver?), not the weight being carried.

Edit to add: But you have to be willing to wait

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonnyrockets wrote:

Part of that shipping cost covers the 100E in free product you get with your pledge. Does that make it more palatable?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nostradunwhich wrote:
jonnyrockets wrote:

Part of that shipping cost covers the 100E in free product you get with your pledge. Does that make it more palatable?

Why would overcharging shipping to cover undercharging product (just to attract more buyers) be palatable?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Look, it is your money. If you don't like the cost then don't pay it. Value is always what is perceived by the buyer. Pick the stuff up locally if and when it becomes available. Heck, I have walked away from a couple of kickstarters because of the high shipping cost myself. Of course the difference was I could get exactly the same stuff at retail.

But I will take exception to the term "Overcharging". Overcharging on shipping compared to what?

DPG does not get a discount on shipping like a major retailer does. They don't ship nearly the same volume. Try pricing a 10 kilo package yourself and see what the costs are like.

Can you at some point order the compendium from your retailer? Yes you hopefully will. Will you pay shipping? No you will not. It will, however, cost you 100E in product that will be missing from your order. Opportunity cost is also a factor.

If you sold all the free stuff you get on Ebay you could likely get your compendium for free, and that is including the shipping. I cannot guarantee that, of course, it will depend on who is looking for the stuff and what they are willing to pay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nostradunwhich wrote:
But I will take exception to the term "Overcharging". Overcharging on shipping compared to what?

Look, I'm not saying shipping is too much.

YOU said:
Nostradunwhich wrote:
Part of that shipping cost covers the 100E in free product you get with your pledge.

In order for "part" of the shipping cost to be available to cover "free" product, then there must be some amount charged above the actual cost of shipping so it can be applied to the product.

Charging any amount above the actual cost is, by definition, overcharging.

i wouldn't have said they're overcharging except you said part of the cost, which I took to mean "excess" was offsetting the cost of the product.

I don't disagree that the amount of product, including shipping costs, isn't a reasonable expense even when compared to retail discounts and free shipping. There's a lot of extra content added as stretch goals!

I think we actually agree about the value due to the stretch goals. Communication from DPG seems a bit confusing to some of us sometimes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sincerely apologize if it seems I've been arguing too much. I will bow out of further discussion. Good wishes to all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In Australia. Paying 55 Euro shipping.

Honestly, given I know half those punchboards won't get used (I only really play scenarios, which rarely use the extra punchboards) I'd love to halve the shipping and ditch some of the extras.

But that's not on offer, so I guess I'm in for everything. Hope to add on some deck boxes, but dread to think what that might do to shipping, so holding off pledging extra for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SirRoke wrote:
Nostradunwhich wrote:

Look, I'm not saying shipping is too much.

YOU said:
Nostradunwhich wrote:
Part of that shipping cost covers the 100E in free product you get with your pledge.

In order for "part" of the shipping cost to be available to cover "free" product, then there must be some amount charged above the actual cost of shipping so it can be applied to the product.

Charging any amount above the actual cost is, by definition, overcharging.

I wouldn't have said they're overcharging except you said part of the cost, which I took to mean "excess" was offsetting the cost of the product.

Oh! I think I see the problem. I did not phrase myself well. What I meant was that the shipping cost is based on the weight shipped -- The free items all have weight so they add to the amount of shipping that must be paid. So they are not entirely "free" as you still have to pay for the post

My apologies. It has been a crazy couple of days in my life and I am running on fumes. Hopefully that clears up my garbled meaning.

SirRoke wrote:
I think we actually agree about the value due to the stretch goals. Communication from DPG seems a bit confusing to some of us sometimes.

Well yes, they are not native English speakers. Some things do not translate well. The words map to the French, but the meaning is off.

I should step away from the keyboard myself.

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Staples
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As of now I've dropped mine to Compendium level. Not sure I'm going with the storage. I'll add on some of the KS exclusive stuff when the pledge manager opens. Of course that could change by tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave boulton
United Kingdom
etchingham
E. Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sorry to be such a moron Xavier it really did confuse me :S anyhum I bumped my pledge and even added money for the desert box too

thanks

dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I am just used to the graphical style of DPG. I don't see the issues other people have with the presentation. That is a fault I need to work on.

Less than an hour left. We have the Factory and the Radar Station unlocked. Looks to be the biggest KS yet for DPG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After all the complaining I also bumped my pledge up a bit to just over $100E just to get HoN punchboards I don't have like Elite, Lord Lovat, Kelly's Heroes and Point du Hoc.

That's a boatload of free stuff too, so despite the volume of stuff overall, I can't really complain too much. Just hope it all comes relatively error-free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.