Popular Tags: [View All]
Teddy C
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First, I must preface my session of the Settlers of Catan Card Game with a note that most of my gaming occurs with my significant other who happens to not be a gamer. Generally, she doesn't like strategy games but will humor me on occasion. This was one such happenstance.

The game started slow as is often the case since only one type of action cards can be played before the seven victory points. But, it continued to be slow. Not one action card was played other than the occasional Alchemist, Caravan or Scout until both of us had 10 victory points a piece with the commerce token on her side and the knight token on mine. Why didn’t I play any attack actions? Out of sheer random luck, I didn’t draw any Black Knights or Arsonists. And, since she wasn’t playing these cards either, I didn’t feel the need to spend any resources to search for them. I did have some sense and kept a Bishop in my hand just in case she tried something sneaky.

I was convinced that my opponent’s strategy was merely to race me in developing the principality. No sooner had I turned my Grain region to add a resource from her production die role, I found myself suddenly faced with a mad arsonist setting fire to my library even though I tried to protect it with a Bishop. Not only did she drop my hand to the minimum three cards, she then assassinated my knights with both Black Knights, wrenching the token from my stunned hands and gaining her 11th victory point. With a small evil smile, she then paid the resources to add one final settlement. Just like that, it was over. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wayne r
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice report!

Wives can act so innocent until it's too late...hehe

Have you tried any of the expansions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teddy C
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Sunny Blues Not So Sunny...or Revenge of a non-Gamer (So
I haven't tried to incorporate the expansions just yet. After a few more base games, I will try to convince her that beating me with the expansions will be equally as fun as the original game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.