Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
31 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Legendary: Secret Wars – Volume 2» Forums » General

Subject: Just opened the box and a question to owners before opening wrapped cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Inside the cards are wrapped into four decks
Each deck is labelled either A,B,C and C
My question is should I have four decks labelled A,B,C and D instead?
Thanks
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Not usually no, because you have so many commons, they put them into a single pack and send you two
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Guessing that the C decks are identical by design.

Will each have 5 of the henchmen, 2 of each common card for the heroes, etc...all the duplicate cards.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Actually, I've been meaning to ask -- anyone been missing cards yet? There'd usually be a few by now.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal S.
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
usuba wrote:
Inside the cards are wrapped into four decks
Each deck is labelled either A,B,C and C
My question is should I have four decks labelled A,B,C and D instead?
Thanks


That should be correct because of how they are printed. Just check that each of your sets has the correct number

Haven't heard/read of any printing errors for swv2 as of yet either.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hpark1990 wrote:
usuba wrote:
Inside the cards are wrapped into four decks
Each deck is labelled either A,B,C and C
My question is should I have four decks labelled A,B,C and D instead?
Thanks


That should be correct because of how they are printed. Just check that each of your sets has the correct number

Haven't heard/read of any printing errors for swv2 as of yet either.


Yeah, always double check you have all the cards you should
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the quick replies!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RangerRob24 wrote:
Guessing that the C decks are identical by design.

Will each have 5 of the henchmen, 2 of each common card for the heroes, etc...all the duplicate cards.


Yep, each C pack has 5 of each Henchman, 2 of each common, and 1 of each uncommon, if I recall correctly.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe White
msg tools
DiggetyDog46 wrote:
Actually, I've been meaning to ask -- anyone been missing cards yet? There'd usually be a few by now.



Yeppers! 3 Common Hero cards. I made proxies for now, but need to get an e-mail to UD.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davinia
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I know I am a bit late here. But have you checked the unboxing video. It should at least confirm whether there should be 2 c packs or a c and d pack.

https://boardgamegeek.com/video/86071/legendary-secret-wars-...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cooper Christian
United States
La Habra
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Legendary: Fanboy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm missing the Secret Wars scheme. I've already sent my email to UD and got the auto reply but not anything from a person yet. Not stressing it too much yet. At least I can still play that scheme using the text found online until I get the missing card.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom tom
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Played our first game today. Patrol is a fantastic new keyword. You really need to watch the order you play your heroes. Superb. We are playing again tonight.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Kelley
msg tools
I was missing a Captain Britain common card. Upper Deck said they were currently out of stock of the card and would let me know when it becomes available.

So I guess no Captain Britain for me for a while
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Runnestrand
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
You should be reading this comic.
badge
I like nerdy stuff.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DiggetyDog46 wrote:
Actually, I've been meaning to ask -- anyone been missing cards yet? There'd usually be a few by now.


Yep. For the first time. I didn't get Zheng Zhou's mastermind card. Got all 4 tactics, but not the man himself. Upper deck said:

Thank you for your email. We are sorry to hear that you have received incomplete product. Case #------- has been created to replace your missing card. Unfortunately, at this time, our inventory for this specific replacement card has been depleted. Once we receive additional replacement cards from the manufacturer we will send out your missing card. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been lucky enough to never receive a box that misses cards. I hope that I won't this time, since leaving in a country where UD does not deliver means that I have to rely on the benevolence of the online store from where I buy in order to replace a box with problems...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
runnestrand wrote:
DiggetyDog46 wrote:
Actually, I've been meaning to ask -- anyone been missing cards yet? There'd usually be a few by now.


Yep. For the first time. I didn't get Zheng Zhou's mastermind card. Got all 4 tactics, but not the man himself. Upper deck said:

Thank you for your email. We are sorry to hear that you have received incomplete product. Case #------- has been created to replace your missing card. Unfortunately, at this time, our inventory for this specific replacement card has been depleted. Once we receive additional replacement cards from the manufacturer we will send out your missing card. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.


I actually had nineteen miscut cards - the first copy of each piece of artwork for the first 5 Heroes in the "A" pack (starting at the Cap/Devil rare, everything was okay). I'm guessing it was simply a misaligned print sheet since it was so systematic of the first copy being the only one that was miscut. Several other cards in that pack were slightly off-center and misprinted, but everything is there and they are totally playable thanks to the bleed area.

I sent pictures in and asked UDE to replace the nineteen miscut cards only. They emailed me back yesterday afternoon telling me the exact same thing - they're waiting on replacement cards to be printed and distributed, so they'll send them all once they become available. I'm guessing they're currently out of stock of their original print batch.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man, I was hoping they'd finally fixed these issues.

Has anyone ever actually gotten cards they were told were "currently out of stock"? Or is it just a euphemism for "shit out of luck"? If you did eventually get them, how long did it take?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey
United States
flag msg tools
Make it so
badge
Captain Picard
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DiggetyDog46 wrote:
Man, I was hoping they'd finally fixed these issues.

Has anyone ever actually gotten cards they were told were "currently out of stock"? Or is it just a euphemism for "shit out of luck"? If you did eventually get them, how long did it take?
I haven't gotten that response, but I have gotten a replacement card (recently in fact) so I don't think they're just blowing you off.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davinia
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
LocutusZero wrote:
DiggetyDog46 wrote:
Man, I was hoping they'd finally fixed these issues.

Has anyone ever actually gotten cards they were told were "currently out of stock"? Or is it just a euphemism for "shit out of luck"? If you did eventually get them, how long did it take?
I haven't gotten that response, but I have gotten a replacement card (recently in fact) so I don't think they're just blowing you off.


I don't think that either. I had a problem with the fantastic four set (the most unavailable set going) and I was able to get a replacement.

They either didn't order enough for customer service queries or this is their "worst" run and just cannot cope with the demand this time.

They haven't said they're never going to be able to supply the cards people need they are just waiting on their distributors.

Patience people. At least you have the majority of the cards you need to get playing. Some are still waiting on their delivery and some are still waiting for local distributors to supply their FLGS this side of Christmas.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I'm not complaining in the slightest. It's a minor inconvenience that some of my cards were miscut.

I have no doubt that UDE will send the cards when they're available. I was missing a couple cards in SWV1 and they mailed them out within a few days.

It's certainly nothing to get bent out of shape over. These things happen when you produce tens of thousands of copies of something - you're bound to get a few that are misprinted.

Now, there are other companies that have terrible customer service and have gone the, "We printed stuff on the wrong sized cards, we'll correct it in the next print run. You're shit out of luck - just use sleeves. It's not our problem and we're not sending replacements" route. Those companies will no longer get my business. I'm looking at you, 8th Summit.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom tom
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Upper Deck treated me very well. I had a card with a punch in it. I sent the card and a copy of my receipt to them on a Monday and I had a replacement card back to me by that Friday. I was shocked at the speed of their service.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Sites
United States
Lake Stevens
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just opened mine and am missing half of the cards for half my heroes. Not terribly thrilled to say the least since I don't have a receipt to order replacements.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounder wrote:
Just opened mine and am missing half of the cards for half my heroes. Not terribly thrilled to say the least since I don't have a receipt to order replacements.


Whenever I was missing cards from SWV1, I just emailed UDE and told them where I purchased the game (online from CSI) and what cards I was missing. They emailed me back a day or two later with my Case # and said the cards would be mailed out within a few days.

SWV2 is new enough that everything would be covered under the standard replacement warranty anyway. It's not like you've been playing the set daily for the past year and you decide to say you're missing all of your SHIELD starter cards because they're worn and you want new ones, but you claim to have instead just bought the set but don't have a receipt to prove it.

That being said, missing half of your cards in a box seems kind of odd. I wonder if UDE just missed adding one or two of the shrink-wrapped packages to your box. How many packages were in yours?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Sites
United States
Lake Stevens
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
swirlsaepi wrote:
Sounder wrote:
Just opened mine and am missing half of the cards for half my heroes. Not terribly thrilled to say the least since I don't have a receipt to order replacements.


Whenever I was missing cards from SWV1, I just emailed UDE and told them where I purchased the game (online from CSI) and what cards I was missing. They emailed me back a day or two later with my Case # and said the cards would be mailed out within a few days.

SWV2 is new enough that everything would be covered under the standard replacement warranty anyway. It's not like you've been playing the set daily for the past year and you decide to say you're missing all of your SHIELD starter cards because they're worn and you want new ones, but you claim to have instead just bought the set but don't have a receipt to prove it.

That being said, missing half of your cards in a box seems kind of odd. I wonder if UDE just missed adding one or two of the shrink-wrapped packages to your box. How many packages were in yours?


I had three C packages, two A packages, and one B package, if I remember correctly. Some heroes (around half or 2/3rds) had 20+ cards each, while the rest had around 6-8 (I don't have it in front of me right now, so I don't have exact numbers). I had all the Masterminds, Villains, Bystanders, etc. I think I got an extra C package when I needed a B?

Edit: To clarify, one of the C decks was packaged oddly. After unwrapping the shrink, I started to sort. Halfway through the deck, I found another C divider card. It's almost like I got two half decks or something.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Runnestrand
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
You should be reading this comic.
badge
I like nerdy stuff.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounder wrote:
I had three C packages, two A packages, and one B package, if I remember correctly.


You got 6 packs of cards? The game only comes with 4. You should get an A, a B, and 2 C's, So if you wound up with what you said, then you are missing nothing, but actually have dozens of extras.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.