Popular Tags: [View All]
Euron Crows Eye
United Kingdom
radcliffe
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If a nations tax revenue should drop maybe due to losing a placed tax chip or factory and move down a level , upon taxation do I still get the +( ) power points?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
The country still earns it's tax income, and the country still gets it's power points. The government (i.e. the player controlling the country) doesn't get a "success bonus".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Halleran
United States
Monona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Related question: if you had tax of 10 (and scored 5 power points) and on one turn it decreased to 9 (didn't choose taxation), and on the next turn it increased back to 10, would that still be able to collect 5 power points for the increase of tax from 9 to 10 (a second time)? I assume you can do this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ckhalleran wrote:
Related question: if you had tax of 10 (and scored 5 power points) and on one turn it decreased to 9 (didn't choose taxation), and on the next turn it increased back to 10, would that still be able to collect 5 power points for the increase of tax from 9 to 10 (a second time)? I assume you can do this.

If you didn't choose taxation, then the position on the chart wouldn't have dropped down to 9. You only update the chart when taxes are levied. So, in your example, the chart would stay at 10 and when the second taxation is levied, the country would get another 5 power points and the government (player) would get no bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bohnenberger
United States
Swarthmore
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But if the tax drops from 10 to 9 and is levied, then increases back to 10 again for the next round of taxation, the player gets his cash bonus, right?

Some friends have mused on the idea of controlling two countries and deliberately keeping them in a see-saw war to repeatedly reap bonuses from the tax chart. Legal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Euron Crows Eye
United Kingdom
radcliffe
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes if it increases next time you use taxation you will get your mill bonus per space + power point increase.

And yes I think your plan is totally legal after all the aim of the game is to make money not to ensure the greatness of the nations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dweeb wrote:
But if the tax drops from 10 to 9 and is levied, then increases back to 10 again for the next round of taxation, the player gets his cash bonus, right?

Yes. If the tax level was at 10 when chosen, then taxation is chosen again and it is 9 at that point, then taxation is chosen a 3rd time and the level has gone back to 10 the government would get the bonus that 3rd time.

If, however, taxation is at 10 when chosen, then would be at 9 when the country passes over but does not choose taxation the next time around the rondel and is back up to 10 when taxation is again chosen, then there is no bonus.

Quote:
Some friends have mused on the idea of controlling two countries and deliberately keeping them in a see-saw war to repeatedly reap bonuses from the tax chart. Legal?

Yup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It is legal and something I have considered, but it seems way too slow to be practical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
Legal but a bad strategy. The best way to make money in this game is to crank up taxation to get the multipliers (and make investments richer) and then pay out dividends. You want the success bonuses of course, but that's not worth the several actions required to execute a see-saw strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.