Popular Tags: gatlingEngine [+] CCGWorkshop.com [+] [View All]
Ramon Garcia
Philippines
Pasig
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will always remember this game to be one of the longest and most boring one's I've ever had. To think I came into it very expectantly. Now, even reading through the log again to make this session report has gotten me sleepy. Not really my opponents fault, just that things turned out that way. I was playing a very aggresive deck. Two of my opponents were playing decks that avoided combat and the third played a deck that more or less stopped me from attacking. He could dedicate his anti-combat resources entirely to me because the other guys weren't fighting anything anyway.

It was also quite frustrating how the two relatively new guys were giving up a lot of unnecessary Victory Points saying, and I quote, "It's only 1 VP." I just kept quiet as to not ruin the surprise... but the other opponent's deck was obviously set up to multiply on those tiny victory points. One must not take the tiny Prey for granted, when one uses them in a deck, there is a reason and that reason is gonna bite you when you least expect it... just like this game showed.

Eggplant: Kabula, Longtooth Soulkiller, Questor

LordKuato: Barnaby Shadrack, Harold Zettler, Judas

Jihgfed Pumpkinhead: Conrad Walks-the-Line, David macKenzie, Grimm Brings-Blood, Questor Treetalker

LnGrrrR: Clubfoot Razorneck, Thunder Tiger, Walks-with-Might

Instead of writing down what happened in detail like I usually do, I'll do a summary of each turn. It was more or less the same thing every time.

EGG would attack a victim as his alpha action and Sneak Attack something whenever he could.

LK would try to attack something... anything!!! My opponents would end my combat before I could just begin (except for this one time I was able to kill a Suburban High School Kid and at the very end when the Gaia players realized they had lost and were no longer trying to delay combat.

JP was trying to get his characters set up.

LG was trying to get his characters set up. Except at the very end when he tried to fight LK.

In the end, EGG came away with a whopping thirty VP's from the "tiny" Victims he was killing. Paradise (3), Granola Pete (1) + Telling Blow (3) + Questor Bonus (1) + Chronicle Bonus (1) + The Pit (1) = 7, High School Athlete (3) + Questor Bonus (1) + Chronicle Bonus (1) + The Pit (1) = 6, Suburban High School Kid (2) + Head or Gut? (1) + Questor Bonus (1) + Chronicle Bonus (1) + The Pit (1) = 6, Vigilante (5) + Questor Bonus (1) + Chronicle Bonus (1) + The Pit (1) = 8.

I got the High School Kid and Thunder Tiger.

The other players ended the game with absolutely no points to their names.

Sad, sad game. I can't speak for the others but I spent most of the two hour game sitting and waiting, not very entertaining.

Final Score:
Eggplant: 30
LordKuato: 7
Jhigfed Pumpkinhead: 0
LnGrrrR: 0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H.C. O'Neill
United States
Bethel
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is where experience comes into play. The previous night I'd played much the same game with LnnGrr, Jihgfed and Eggplant. The difference was as soon as I saw Questor and his toys, I knew what was up. The BSDs got the bulk of my attention as I destroyed the items they needed to set up the combo. They didn't kill a single Victim that whole game and didn't win.

I unfortunately couldn't pull a win out of that game as LnnGrr and Jihgfed kept stopping me from getting into combat. Or leaping in to JOIN the enemy in killing me. My Garou were mostly in the renown 2-5 range, but they kept getting whacked as "the threat' over the renown 8 BSDs across the table. Pft.

And then the next day they learned WHY I'd been spending my time on breaking up the BSDs combos. Silly cubs!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ramon Garcia
Philippines
Pasig
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is refreshing to see new blood, though. Instead of overinflated egos like that damned LK and *gasp* surpriseBoomhowler!!!surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.