Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Piotr Konieczny
Poland
Katowice
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this would do really well on a KS for a 2nd edition with better components quality and streamlined rules.

I just finished writing my review of this game, and reading through people's thoughts, which generally conclude the mechanics are ok if nothing special, the components are good but with some quality issues, the art is very nice, and the theme is pretty good. And let's not forget it is language independent.

There are very few anime-themed games around, mostly card games, and this I cannot even think of another anime-themed Euro. This has a good niche.

Sadly, the game failed to gain popularity for a number of reasons:
* it was launched a year before Kickstarter even existed
* it was made by a small Polish company that never made any popular title, and went under around 2010
* it was made by a designer who never made it big
* it was a Polish game before people started considering Polish designed games to be serious and good (well, Neuroshima Hex is from 2006, but it was only recently with Robinson Cruzoe, Witcher and several KS projects like Teomachy that Polish titles started to gain visibility...)

I do wonder if anyone reading here was involved with Wolf Fang P.H. Anyone knows who owns the rights to this game? This is something I can see rebooted on KS by some newer company, more versed in the entire crowdfunding 21st century board game Golden Age...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Wojcik
Poland
Wroclaw
Dolnoslaskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will add another reasons:
*graphic, sorry but a lot of peoples said no because manga style graphics.
*quality of components and quality of print
*every starting character are almost the same.
Wolf Fang and another company was combined into Imperium but imperium is no more...
I think the best way is to try to contact the designer.
PS.
Did you realize that violet (geek) club is smaller than others?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.