Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So it was a crazy good year for game releases with a lot of top competition. So for those of you who have bought and played this game, is this your game of the year?

Were you swayed by T.I.M.E Stories, Pandemic Legacy or some other great release?

Poll
Was Blood Rage your game of the year for 2015?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Yes
47.6% 88
No
34.6% 64
Ooh, it's so close between this and another game but I can't decide yet
17.8% 33
Voters 185
This poll is now closed.   185 answers
Poll created by Bearhug78
Closes: Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:00 am

Feel free to explain your answers below. I'm curious to see what if any game/s people thought were better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao F. Falaschi
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
badge
Common sense won't pay the rent and doesn't grow on trees, but splitting hairs can get you anything you need
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Kingdom Death was. Followed by Pandemic Legacy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Brown
England
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
No, I'M Spartacus
badge
\m/
mbmbmbmbmb
It's between this, Codenames and Pandemic Legacy for me. I think this will take it in the end, but I have another session of Pandemic Legacy on Saturday and will be trying Codenames on the family at Christmas, so too early to tell yet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played several 2015 releases. Though Blood Rage is very good, but it's undeniable defeated by The Gallerist for me.

The Gallerist so far is the best of 2015 for me.
Followed by Nippon, Above and Below and then Blood Rage
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2nd, behind Pandemic Legacy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Villars
Switzerland
Eschlikon
flag msg tools
mb
second best... behind kingdom death: monster
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamal khurshid
Pakistan
flag msg tools
mb
have to play 50 more games in order to decide if its game of the year or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Ottensamer
Austria
Wien
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Too many Pandemic Legacy lovers on here, I fear. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M D E
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm only getting the game in January (thank you, CMoN...) so no.

And next year it will be left far behind by Conan. Even then, it will compete with Skull Tales for 2nd spot, most likely...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
Life goes on...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eFTy wrote:
I'm only getting the game in January (thank you, CMoN...) so no.

Yep, came in to say same thing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Olympia
WA
flag msg tools
Thou art I... Thou hast acquired a new vow.
badge
With the birth of the BOARD GAMES Persona, you have obtained the winds of blessing that shall lead to freedom and new power.
mbmbmbmbmb
Blood Rage was almost my game of the year... it would have gotten away with it too, if not for that meddling Pandemic Legacy!

Of course, since my Pandemic Legacy campaign is wrapping up, Blood Rage has a brighter future on my table. You know, until Season 2...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
Its one of my top two. I can't decide between it and Forbidden Stars.

I haven't played pandemic legacy yet though, but I have it. I guess I will wait until playing that before a final verdict.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I was expecting Pandemic Legacy to be getting the love, but that's a few for Kingdom Death. Sadly it's likely a game I won't ever get around to playing (I don't know anyone with a copy and it's crazy pricey to get a copy at the moment).

A couple of other games mentioned I'm yet to try as well. But feel I need to now since people thing they are better than this Thanksangry more money to spend

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Perez
United States
Terrell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some years where I could see Blood Rage closer to the top of my game of the year list, but 2015 has been a great year for boardgames. The Gallerist, Nippon and Mombasa are at the very top of the heap for me right now (Mombasa will probably end up my number one choice), but Blood Rage is among another half dozen or so titles that I found to be quite good (someone mentioned Forbidden Stars earlier, which was an early pick for game of the year potential for me). Interestingly, what will probably win game of the year, Pandemic Legacy, I absolutely hate, but I don't care at all for Pandemic, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. After all, Splendor wasn't even a top 10 game for me last year, so what the hell do I know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Robinson
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Jack of All Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, top spot goes to Argent The Consortium for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Perez
United States
Terrell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
branwheat wrote:

Another gem! It was my earliest pick for game of the year potential, then Forbidden Stars supplanted it. And then I played The Voyages of Marco Polo...and no less than half a dozen more games after that which I thought were even better than all 3. Wow, 2015 was truly amazing! Cult of the new may be influencing me here, but could 2015 have been the best year ever for boardgame releases? A third of my top ten list may end up being 2015 games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With the understanding that I absolutely LOVE Blood Rage, my top 3 of the year are:

1) Pandemic Legacy: Season 1 - The tension in every decision you make creates a seriously compelling game. This is the one game that my group is constantly champing at the bit to get more of.

2) The Gallerist - The theme and mechanics are integrated so seamlessly that it really becomes a work of art itself. It has the magic combination of simple play and deep strategy.

3) Blood Rage - Great dynamic game with epic bloody battles. There's something about unleashing a fire troll and slamming down a massive "mini" amidst an army of puny enemy soldiers that is immensely satisfying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
Surge1000 wrote:
branwheat wrote:

Another gem! It was my earliest pick for game of the year potential, then Forbidden Stars supplanted it. And then I played The Voyages of Marco Polo...and no less than half a dozen more games after that which I thought were even better than all 3. Wow, 2015 was truly amazing! Cult of the new may be influencing me here, but could 2015 have been the best year ever for boardgame releases? A third of my top ten list may end up being 2015 games.

Seems like the best in a long time at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Noble
United States
El Dorado Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Blood Rage and Roll for the Galaxy are really, really close.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
devin ott
msg tools
mbmb
Blood Rage would be a distant #2 to T.I.M.E. Stories. Number 3 would be Pandemic Legacy and then #4 Mysterium

Despite the gripe about the $ spent vs. the time involved, T.I.M.E. Stories is probably the best tabletop experience I've ever had.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wilczewski
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
badge
Someone on the internet is wrong!
mbmbmbmbmb
Its between this and Roll for the Galaxy, but I think this pulls ahead.

I haven't yet played Arcadia Quest, Deception: Murder in Hong Kong, Mission Red Planet nor Mysterium. I don't think any of those will beat it out, but Mysterium has been getting a lot of love.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For pure visceral fun and vibrant player interaction, it's a close tie between Blood Rage and Isle of Skye: From Chieftain to King. Other much heavier games that came out this year are awesome, but they didn't quite get under my skin the way these two have done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Stantz
Australia
Central Coast
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kingdom Death: Monster just for the size and weight of the box alone.
No other game I own comes close.
+ I'm a late late backer for blood rage waiting till Jan/Feb so there is that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Matthews
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: So game of the yea
Can they really win game of the year with limited availability? If all their Kickstarter backers haven't had a chance to play, can they get enough votes? Meanwhile Pandemic Legacy had supposedly more than 50K preorders that got out.

I know I won't vote for them until I get to actually play my own copy (I got to play at a con once) no matter how awesome the game play is. I know a number of gamers who still don't have their copies and who won't buy it at retail since they have one coming. Compared to Pandemic Legacy it just sounds like there are a lot more copies out there actually getting played.

E

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.