Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Epperson
United States
Frederick
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey folks, please leave feedback in reference to my AOM Building Tiles and Unit Charts. I would like to know if it made the game more pleasing to your eye and if I can improve on them!

Thanks
Doug

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:AOM Building Tiles and Unit Charts
VonEpp (#20230),

Hi Doug - they certainly look stunning on the screen. I went to the trouble of printing them out onto labels (the buildings) and was about to put them onto the existing tiles when I paused. The existing buildings are rather drab, but they are easy to read across the table. I'm not sure these would be easier to play with, although they do look fantastic.

I'll mount them on some cardstock and leave them as an "optional"

The unit charts look great, btw, very easy to read.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am planning on printing them out and putting the labels on the backs of the tiles. That way, if I want to refresh my memory of the effects, I can just flip the tiles over.

I am waiting until I get my second copy of the game delivered, so that I can have the right mix of building tiles available for a 4 or 6 player game.

The Wonder will stay as is, though, since it is only available to one culture and ends the game when purchased.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Martin
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
First of all thanks for your efforts. Unfortunately I found a few errors on the version 1.0 unit charts:

Egyptian:

Elephant is also +2 vs Mortals (Not listed under specials)

Sphinx is a Giant Killer but is not a Giant (Unless I'm missing something about all Giant Killers being Giants).

Wadjet takes over for a Pharaoh before dice are rolled not 'after death'. Pharaoh description should also be changed.

Greek:

Medusa is not a Giant.

Norse:

It's all good.

Thanks again for putting these together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Crawford
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VonEpp (#20230),
How are your tiles that aren't in the board game (officially) used? Ex: Obelisk, Lighthouse, Town Center... or the events? Tornado, or Wolf Attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.