Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam P
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kickstarted the game and finally played it for the first time last night - 4 player game and it was awesome! My question regards table talk. First off, I'm a talker and a huge fan of table talk (part of my strategy in some games ). Obviously, we'll be yappin' with each other as we play with the occasional "Chris's fragment is the in the discard" or "hey guys, Adam only needs one more!" - basically keeping everybody in check. None of us had problems with this.

However, in one scenario Player 1 needed one fragment to win (he had 2 of his own and a wild). He had one fragment in the discard and the other was revealed on another player's area. Player 2,3, and 4 openly decided to stop him by agreeing to purposely clash the two actions he could use to win (telekinesis and eye of the storm). We did so and of course his chosen action clashed (telekinesis).

No one complained and thought it was a great move, but I just wanted to make sure it's legal in the game to table talk when it comes to saying what actions you will play, ganging up, etc. I would assume it is being a deception based game in order to trick players and keep them thinking; however, the teaming up aspect I guess is my real question.

Oh and btw, while Player 2 and 3 picked the actions to clash with Player 1, Player 4 kept pretty quiet and played Jessup's action thereby reusing his telekinesis from before to steal Player 1's wild card - completing his reality and stealing the game! Moments like that make games shine! We really enjoyed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Chang
Australia
Gold Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Entropy can be played with or without open chatter, but in my experience it is best played with lots of table talk. As you said, it's a deception game after all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chaoticpattern wrote:
Entropy can be played with or without open chatter, but in my experience it is best played with lots of table talk. As you said, it's a deception game after all!

Thanks Allen! I figured, just wanted to make sure. We absolutely loved our first game. I can't wait to try out the Ronin expansion. You designed an awesome game - thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.