3 Posts

Marvel Heroes» Forums » Rules

Subject: Master Plan!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joaquin Thurgood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I have ordered the game and it should arrive in a few days. I've looked at rules and what not but I don't understand how the master plans work in the game. I will find out when the game arrive so this thread isn't important but if anyone has the time to tell me that would help. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Booth
United Kingdom
Bicester
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When a superhero team tries to solve a headline marked with the 'master villain' symbol (two lightning bolts), then their nemesis can interfere (the nemesis can also interfere on a normal headline if they are the Archnemesis for that game round).

Firstly, they get to 'scheme', which increases the effectiveness of the lead villain in some way.

Secondly, they can try to put part of their master plan into action.

If the lead villain defeats the heroes, the nemesis achieves their master plan automatically.

If the heroes beat the lead villain, they can decide whether or not to challenge the nemesis. If they do not, then again the master plan succeeds automatically. If they challenge, then a combat is fought against the nemesis character. If the nemesis wins, they achieve their master plan. If the heroes win, they get a team power-up.

Each nemesis has three parts to their master plan: Prologue, Development and Conclusion. So, the first time the nemesis is successful, he gets the powers of the Prologue card; second time the Development card and so on.

Does that help..?

Enjoy the game when it arrives!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joaquin Thurgood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks, I can't wait for it to come!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.