Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rayne Smith
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the miniatures will come in one piece. Yes, they can be painted... You can paint any miniatures...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
It's possible SOME of the minis may require assembly, depending on their size and complexity.

For instance, with Imperial Assault, MOST of the minis were pre-assembled, but the AT-ATs had to have some assembly.

I'm not sure if any of the minis in this one will require that, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Not trying to hijack the thread but why didnt FFG didnt give us some more news on this when the movie came out?...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex G
United Kingdom
Smethwick
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
It's possible SOME of the minis may require assembly, depending on their size and complexity.

For instance, with Imperial Assault, MOST of the minis were pre-assembled, but the AT-ATs had to have some assembly.

AT-STs... AT-ATs would be huge!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mordai wrote:
Not trying to hijack the thread but why didnt FFG didnt give us some more news on this when the movie came out?...

Maybe because this game and that movie are not about the same thing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Henry
United Kingdom
Wellington
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mordai wrote:

Because the events in this game take place 30 years before the events in the movie?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Olympia
WA
flag msg tools
Thou art I... Thou hast acquired a new vow.
badge
With the birth of the BOARD GAMES Persona, you have obtained the winds of blessing that shall lead to freedom and new power.
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:

It's worth noting that for Imperial Assault, the assembly required was "snap together part A into part B" not "get out your craft knife and glue."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sassycat wrote:
sigmazero13 wrote:

It's worth noting that for Imperial Assault, the assembly required was "snap together part A into part B" not "get out your craft knife and glue."

Good point to emphasize.

Also, another point: they don't necessarily have to be BIG to require assembly; in Fortress America, the helicopters and lasers required some assembly (again, just the "snap together", not cutting out sprues and glue), and they are not that big. It just all comes down to complexity of the models.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Dotzenrod
United States
Novi
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im surprised no one has said this yet, so I will. Look at the pictures. The only piece that will require assembly are the two death stars, which will simply be sticking the stand underneath. Other than that, they all look like one mold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bassman211 wrote:
Im surprised no one has said this yet, so I will. Look at the pictures. The only piece that will require assembly are the two death stars, which will simply be sticking the stand underneath. Other than that, they all look like one mold.

I don't think you can necessarily tell that just by looking. If you looked at the lasers from Fortress America, for instance, you may not be able to tell if they were one mold or not, especially if they go together snugly and the seam is minimal. In fact, the lasers are THREE pieces.

In some games, multi-mold figures come pre-assembled (and some don't). For instance, there are some figures from BattleLore that obviously are multiple molds assembled together (as evidenced when sometimes a head comes off unexpectely - it's not just "snapped off".

So I don't think the picture's we've seen is enough to go off of either way Especially since many of the pictures we've seen could easiliy just be 3d renderings of what they will look like (and not actual physical images).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Dotzenrod
United States
Novi
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I mean I do not have copy of the game in front of me, but can attest that I think the battlelore pieces you are talking about would be larger than any mini in rebellion, save the star destroyer and death stars. Now sure, we are only seeing images, but I think it is not too hard to judge the scale. So that being said, I dont see minis that small needed assembly, I can't think of how the star destroyers would even come in pieces. At the end of the day, I know whatever requires assembly, it will be a simply snap and click. Feel FFG is good about that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Gong
United States
Kingsburg
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mordai wrote:

Probably because the official release for this is in 2016 (end of Q1?) and well after the movie's launch this week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard from an inside source that the Death Star takes many years of intensive construction and materials sourcing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
DegenerateElite wrote:
I heard from an inside source that the Death Star takes many years of intensive construction and materials sourcing.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/carolpinchefsky/2012/02/21/how-m...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Minneman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Jackasses? You let a whole column get stalled and strafed on account of a couple of jackasses? What the hell's the matter with you?
mbmbmbmbmb
DegenerateElite wrote:

Many Bothans died to bring you that information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Sorenson
United States
Springfield
VT: VERMONT
flag msg tools
badge
mb
DegenerateElite wrote:

Are you sure? The Empire threw together a second Death Star in less time than it takes for my town to pave the crappy road we live off of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kakupacal wrote:
DegenerateElite wrote:

Are you sure? The Empire threw together a second Death Star in less time than it takes for my town to pave the crappy road we live off of.

They could've started the second one long before the first one was destroyed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
sdiberar wrote:
kakupacal wrote:
DegenerateElite wrote:

Actually, it's canon that construction began after the battle of Yavin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sdrewthomson wrote:
sdiberar wrote:
kakupacal wrote:
DegenerateElite wrote:

Even after the canon-wipe? I didn't know that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've lived in the same town for ten years and they barely have fixed any roads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
sdiberar wrote:
sdrewthomson wrote:
sdiberar wrote:
kakupacal wrote:
DegenerateElite wrote:

Even after the canon-wipe? I didn't know that.

Haha, I actually forgot about that, but according to Wookieepedia, it's confirmed in the book "Star Wars: Absolutely Everything you Need to Know", published only last September.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Cowger
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
5pointer wrote:
sigmazero13 wrote:

I think I'd actually like an AT-AT mini. Could make for an interesting game of Imperial Assault, not to mention a useful tool for Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
5pointer wrote:
sigmazero13 wrote:

Just saw this. You are right, I meant ST. AT-AT's would be cool, though, but they'd probably cost $100 each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.