tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last time we rolled a 2 then a 3 in a row. Maybe there should be some way to counter the power of "pure luck" sometimes. For instance paying 10 survivals for a re-roll, or some rare items allowing to change the destiny of the survivors, once in a lifetime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
poifpoif wrote:
Last time we rolled a 2 then a 3 in a row. Maybe there should be some way to counter the power of "pure luck" sometimes. For instance paying 10 survivals for a re-roll, or some rare items allowing to change the destiny of the survivors, once in a lifetime.

Nah.... Caring for the young I think is good enough to get two rolls. That is part of the game. Making it deterministic by spending survival is gamey IMHO.

-SKi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott YahNotHappening
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hoping the expansions add some innovations that let you spend survival to add +1 to a roll

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
mbmbmbmbmb
Unkynd wrote:
Hoping the expansions add some innovations that let you spend survival to add +1 to a roll

Green Knight Armor: Spend all of your survival, add +1 to any single roll during the lifetime of this character. laugh

Judging by how absurdly difficult it is to forge up some Lantern Armor, why does one even care about owning the Green Knight… It'll see the table once every dozen campaigns…

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deon Beswick
Australia
Canberra
Australian Capital Territory
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
..surviving Antelopes, Lions, Butchers (oh my) and then having your eyes torn out by a passing Bone Witch (who used to be a friend you fought the first story with....)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason G.
msg tools
i know this detracts from the punishing nature of the game but to counter ridiculously bad rolls that can just ruin an otherwise reasonably on-track and heavily time invested campaign.. every lantern year, i give myself 6 free re-rolls (which I keep track of using a D6) that I can use during any of the phases.

If not for this, I would probably have lost myself from insanity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof RabidBlackDog
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I cherish every single moment when I start to feel "ok, I got this, I have everything under control, things are looking good" and in a single moment it's all ruined, because no other game did this to me in such elegant fashion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Buckley
msg tools
Unhappiness is farming 5 lion hunts hoping to draw ammonia (either from Marked Territory or a symposium'd innovation draw), amassing 20+ resources in storage in the process (more than enough for 2 full leather sets), finally pulling ammonia (from marked territory) just as we go into LY12 and the Principle:Conviction event (if you know it, you know the depth of our sorrow).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb

Not having received my Wave 2 and being given the slow run around about when KD will ship it to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam D
msg tools
mbmb
Rolling feet of the world with an insane party (especially if hunt events made them crazy)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
greypaladin wrote:
every lantern year, i give myself 6 free re-rolls (which I keep track of using a D6) that I can use during any of the phases
wow, that's, uh, ridiculously strong/unnecessary. Sorry, we played with some training wheels the first campaign, but nothing near that. How do you even die with 6 re-rolls/year?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason G.
msg tools
Yup, my survivors still die on me. Just not as many insta-deaths from rolls of 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...not getting time to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli T
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have learnt at early stage that every single time I roll the dice for any event and nothing happens it's a good roll. No more I'm looking for riches. Now I'm only looking for some dull, boring results. They keep my settlement up ang going. Sadly there is so few results for boringness in this game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Don't know how I got all the way up to the Butcher and beyond without losing a single person, but on the following hunt I managed to run into some interesting pests during the hunt phase, lost one survivor due to those in the showdown.
Then one fell down a hole in the ground in the Settlement.
Then some idiots turned up and stuck another guy on a spike.

Year six didn't go so well for me then

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Arnold
United States
New York
flag msg tools
... Losing your full rawhide ambidextrous +2 Luck survivor on LY3 after he multi-hit/crit the Lion for four wounds and lion's testes. The extra damage on the Lion and the priority target token meant led to the man being decapitated on a severe head injury roll of 1.

Not so lucky after all.

(Playing with 6 people makes level one monsters scary!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Lord Charidarn wrote:
... Losing your full rawhide ambidextrous +2 Luck survivor on LY3 after he multi-hit/crit the Lion for four wounds and lion's testes. The extra damage on the Lion and the priority target token meant led to the man being decapitated on a severe head injury roll of 1.

Not so lucky after all.

(Playing with 6 people makes level one monsters scary!)

Wow, that did suck.

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Being dismembered twice. Now I only have my tooth to fight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joke Meister
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
poifpoif wrote:
Being dismembered twice. Now I only have my tooth to fight.

So just a flesh wound then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.