8 Posts

Posthuman» Forums » Rules

Subject: XP and Scars rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Merk
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi Gordon and company. Got my copy today and am so excited! Thanks for your hard work. I know originally it was 3xp to remove a scar. I know it's not in the final rules so I'm clarifying that you can no longer "will" yourself into remaining human? Also thanks for all the clarifications so far. Where will I be able to find the errata when it's compiled? Have a happy holidays and thanks one more time fpr creating this game :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GregorCarbine wrote:
Hi Gordon and company. Got my copy today and am so excited! Thanks for your hard work. I know originally it was 3xp to remove a scar. I know it's not in the final rules so I'm clarifying that you can no longer "will" yourself into remaining human? Also thanks for all the clarifications so far. Where will I be able to find the errata when it's compiled? Have a happy holidays and thanks one more time fpr creating this game :-)

That seems like a nice idea to me! Why was it removed from the original ruleset?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Collinson
msg tools
I remember that to, thought it was more expensive thou. There is a skill card vaccine that can remove a scar card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
GregorCarbine wrote:

I remember that as well from the gameplay vid. cool

I can't remember exactly what thread, but it was said that removing scars would make the game too easy. So Gordon removed it in the final version.
Must say that it has its consequences on gameplay. Like no-one will take a scar for extra morale anymore, like some encounter cards offer. The risk has simply become too great if you can never get rid of them anymore; one scar is now a fixed 20% part of the way to become mutant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gordon calleja
Malta
Siggiewi
Malta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi there, please have a look at the other thread where this was discussed:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1488476/differences-draftof...

With regards to the scars being fixed, there are vaccines in the equipment deck that can reduce them, otherwise yes, it's a slippery slide to mutanthood.

Gordon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Merk
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for taking the time to answer and point me in the right direction! Didn't realize about the vaccine card so it all makes sense now from a balance perspective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
farhan qureshi
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
IMO, getting such an ability from luck of the draw is a bad idea. I still like the idea of all players getting more or less an equal chance to get rid of them, like with the 3xp. More thematic might be camping in a safe house.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Wionzek
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grinn wrote:
With regards to the scars being fixed, there are vaccines in the equipment deck that can reduce them, otherwise yes, it's a slippery slide to mutanthood.

Gordon

Letting people remove Scars with XP also seems like it would stall character progression, because nobody would ever want to spend their XP for fear of not being able to remove Scars.

Then you'd end up underpowered, or just dragging the game out too long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.