Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Heil
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zingaya is a book that eludes me in value. Wouldn't you rather capture a cultist with a undead or the king?

When is the extra undead worth a captured cultist?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Andersson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the King in Yellow is rushing around and getting attacked it's pretty likely that his Undead will get scattered. Sometimes you can pain your Undead right into a spot to Zingaya a guarded cultist (Blue loves to have gates guarded by nothing but a Nightgaunt for example).

It's not typically a situation you seek out, but it can definitely help you be offensive even after your zombie ball gets broken up (which is just awful to try to recollect).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I admit I don't use it very often, but here are the reasons for me to use it:

1) If the enemy cultist is protected by a Great Old One, in which case I can't capture
2) If you're trying to both hurt your enemy and Desecrate better, Zingaya helps with both
3) If the King isn't in the area, but an Undead is, you can cripple your opponent
3) If you need to Desecrate an area but are afraid your opponent might attack you, Zingaya strips them of a meatshield (plus a combat die if it's Frenzied Black Goat you're fighting), while also granting your a meat shield, plus granting you a combat die (if you already had at least one Undead)

That last one may seem kinda slight, but here's an example: you have the King and 2 Undead, and need to Desecrate Africa for your last Spellbook, but Shub-Niggurath is there with 2 Cultists, and she has another gate with 4 Cultists, plus Frenzy. If you move in and Desecrate, then you'll have the King and 3 Undead, and then Black Goat can declare combat, where you'll roll 2 dice, and she'll roll 10, with 2 meat shields. Since she can't die, and could knock you back, she'll do it. However, if you use Zingaya, now it's you with the King, 3 Undead, and 2 Dice, vs her with 1 Cultist, Shubs, and 9 dice. Not only is she rolling one fewer dice, but it's now possible that she'd lose Shubs in combat (if you roll box-cars). While that's unlikely, it could certainly give her pause, and be the difference between her attacking and her leaving you alone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Stockseth
msg tools
Ask me about Gladiators: Days of Blood and Glory
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This question was raised not too long ago in this thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1441736/why-zingaya

Herein lies a bunch of different Zingaya uses, including my very favorite, an advanced tactic involving the use of Zingaya for Yellow's opening spellbook (beware, you may alienate friendships with this tactic. It is evil. devil )

Enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hound Tindalos
msg tools
Imagine this if you will.... as I've been playing KIY for a while to figure how to make him win.... and one way is to slow down other's gate ownership...

Zyng is great for this.... as early in the game send the undead into newly gated areas.... or with a Screamin' move charge into an area where there are monsters guarding a sole cultist and your bonus move instead of the classic desecration -you zing the cultist.... the key here is to wait near the end of the round.

KIY is tricky - I still haven't won with him yet but each time he gets closer - the main disadvantage I find is that almost all of his spell books or actions - the reason I find CC so powerful is his spells are non-action and no costs....!!!!! (who I usually play when I want to actually win ) - but the key to wiping CC is to knock out gate ownership constantly...

Leave undead haunting a gate... as the un-owned gates reduce others and benefit you....

The KIY is really fun to play - if you don't care about winning - it is just fun mucking up everyone else up.... which may be the KIY's charm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Heil
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a Cthulhu day at my house this Sunday. Insanity for all!

Anyway, I played yellow sign. And I completely understand how great a book Zingaya is now.

It saved me a few times by adding meatshields to the King, and helped steal gates from a old one out of power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.