Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules available for download from EGG, http://www.eggrules.com/games/games-q-z/xenon-profiteer/ show that in a 2 player game there are only 3 cards available on each line. But the printed rules in the game don't show this. So which is correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TC Petty III
United States
Carlisle
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
XENON PROFITEER 2015!
mbmbmbmbmb
There are also many other revisions between the online version and the printed version. Go with the printed version. Four card line-up. I'll make sure to send a message so that it can be updated with the final file used for print. Or at least as close as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. We played with the 3 card line up. We only saw 3 pipelines the whole game, two of which showed up right at the end. We didn't use the wipe action on the contract row at all though. Great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TC Petty III
United States
Carlisle
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
XENON PROFITEER 2015!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, you can even see I took out the rule after making the gameplay video as I had to add an annotation later. 3 is too constricting. Glad you enjoyed! And be sure to WIPE more often. It's a difficult choice but it can get you exactly what you need super-early.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nisses Clan Skryre
Belgium
Gent
flag msg tools
mbmb
TheCrippledWerewolf wrote:
Yep, you can even see I took out the rule after making the gameplay video as I had to add an annotation later. 3 is too constricting. Glad you enjoyed! And be sure to WIPE more often. It's a difficult choice but it can get you exactly what you need super-early.

I've found, especially when you're behind in money compared to other players, that you would rather not wipe.
1. You need the money
2. You risk giving those other gives even more or better options

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ender Wiggins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheCrippledWerewolf wrote:
There are also many other revisions between the online version and the printed version. Go with the printed version. Four card line-up.

I'll make sure to send a message so that it can be updated with the final file used for print. Or at least as close as possible.

As best as I can tell the rules PDF available at the official Eagle-Gryphon Games page for Xenon Profiteer (link) is still the outdated file, and doesn't correspond to the printed version. Is this going to be updated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.