United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting idea. You certainly are covering the text on many of the immediate actions, although I still haven't worked out a couple of them.

However, you still have the issue with the Type: Natural, Robot and Cyborg, the Offense Defense symbol (and special on coaches).

This is not a small undertaking to translate all of the cards into a universal iconography and we would not want to change the city names, player names and any of the existing icons like speed and PH. But you have made a grand start on the immediate actions and hit boxes! To be language independent they would have to work for all languages.

We would also have to truly believe we would have enough demand to warrant the cost of these changes.

Thanks for sharing this as it is certainly something we should have in mind as the Baseball Highlights: 2045 story unfolds!

Best
Ralph
For Eagle-Gryphon Games

Play Ball!

I had two years of Russian in High School so many years ago, so it was a treat for me to see the Cyrillic language on the cards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Larchenko
Russia
Ivanteevka
Moscow region
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Why not to make colors of robot, cyborg and natural words (or signs instead of words better) various also? And 1-2-3 signs for speed are more easy to recognize. Some flags of various cities are the same. Why not various?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a great idea. As you know, I asked some questions earlier in the year about getting the game translated to French, and something like this would have helped immensely, but it also causes some problems. I would definitely expect more rules questions, and more difficult sorts of questions, using the icons.

Worth noting that another amazing sports game from Spain that came out this year, Time Of Soccer, has not single word of written language in any of its play components.

I imagine it's almost a must for anything with its origins in Europe these days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.