Popular Tags: [View All]
PaYa Hanák
Hungary
Budapest
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

We cann't decide, how to solve Agriculture action.
Three questions:
1. Will the player lose token which is far away from all Agriculture tile?
2. Will the player lose token from the Agriculture tile?
3. Should we resolve all agriculture tile separately?

X: Agriculture tile
O: Other (indifferent).
AOXOOOO
BOOXOOO
COXOOOO
DOOOOOO
EOXOOOO
FOOOOOO

A. version: Active player has Tokens:
B3: 2 tokens
C3: 1 token
F6: 2 tokens
What will be the result of choosing agriculture?
(My opinion: I lose 1 token from B3, F6, and get 2 tokens to B3)
(My friends: Get 2 tokens to B3)

B. version
A2: 2 tokens
B3: 2 tokens
What will be the result of choosing agriculture?
(My opinion: I lose 1 token from A2, B3, F6, and get 2 tokens to B3, A2)
(My friends: I lose 1 token from A2 (not adjacent to b3), B3(not adjacent to A2), and get 2 tokens to B3, A2)

C. Version
A2: 1 tokens
B3: 1 tokens
(My opinion: I lose 1 token from A2, B3, F6, and get 2 tokens to B3, A2)
(My Friends: I lose 1 token from A2 OR B3 (depent on the resolving order), and get 2 tokens for the still occupied tile)
D. Version
about culture:
X means Culture.
Player has tokens on:
A2, b3, C3
How many tokens goes to B2 (of course it's occupied)?

Thanks in advance.
PaYa

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules wrote:
Agriculture
1.Remove one token from all the tiles you own that are not adjacent orthogonally to your Agriculture tiles.
2.Place up to two tokens on every Agriculture tile you own.

I'm basing my answers on how we interpreted the rules and the player aid.

PaYa wrote:
1. Will the player lose token which is far away from all Agriculture tile?

Yes, all tiles you have tokens on, not orthogonally adjacent to an agriculture tile, will lose 1 token.
PaYa wrote:
2. Will the player lose token from the Agriculture tile?

No. I can see why you might think that, but I think the player aid picture is clear.
PaYa wrote:
3. Should we resolve all agriculture tile separately?

No matter how many agriculture tiles you have, tiles of yours, not orthogonally adjacent will only lose 1 token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Take a look at this simplified board:
http://www.maj.com/gallery/spearjr/games/misc/ur_question_1....

If White takes the Agriculture action, then he needs to remove 1 token from 4B and then add 2 tokens to both C3 & D2.

If White takes the Culture action, then 1 Black token is added to C4, 1 Grey to both A4 & B5, and 1 White to B3.

Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PaYa Hanák
Hungary
Budapest
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers.

Question about Culture wasn't so clear, so I try to be more specific (now I found the faq, but I can't understand why).
If a tile has more than one orthogonally adjecent Culture tiles, why get 2 (or more) tokens? The rules says that "Place, on every non-free tile adjecent orthogonally to your Culture tiles, an additional token of the tile's owner colour."
So in my interpretation: mark all tile, which is adjacent to a Culture tile, and put one token onto the marked tiles.
But If I look the FAQ, it says, that every tile get as many tokens as many adjacent Culture tile is on the board. It inspired me, as I have to resolve all Culture tile individually (as choose one, put tokens on all orthogannly adjacent tiles, choose the next).
Back to the Agriculture tiles, it was the main difference between me, and my friends:
They read the rules as every agriculture must be resolved individually. Choose one agricultural tile, and all adjacent, but not ortoghonally adjacent tiles lose one token, and after add two tokens to the actually resolved agricultural tile - and choose the next one.
So the question should be read as: tiles should be resolved individually (Culture, Commerce suggest that) or simultaneously (Agriculture).

(Sorry for my poor english ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Mori
Italy
Parma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PaYa wrote:
They read the rules as every agriculture must be resolved individually. Choose one agricultural tile, and all adjacent, but not ortoghonally adjacent tiles lose one token, and after add two tokens to the actually resolved agricultural tile - and choose the next one.

Mmm... I think you didn't get the rule. Agriculture works this way:
1) Add 2 tokens on each Agriculture (green) tile you own on the gameboard;
2) Remove 1 token from ALL THE TILES you own that are not Agriculture tiles and ARE NOT ORTHOGONALLY ADJACENT to your Agriculture tiles.

Quote:
So the question should be read as: tiles should be resolved individually (Culture, Commerce suggest that) or simultaneously (Agriculture).

There is a very slight difference, but you can resolve them individually (so for example if two culture tiles are adjacent to another tile you own, that tile gets 2 tokens, and not just one).

Hope that helps.

Paolo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PaYa Hanák
Hungary
Budapest
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Thanks for the reply Paolo.
My english rules says:
Quote:

AGRICULTURE:
1. Remove one token from all the tiles you own that are not adjecent orthogonally to your Agriculture tiles.
2. Place UP to two tokens on every agriculture tile your own.

1. I miss a sentense (or a half sentense) from the 1. point: Not adjacent AND not an agriculture tile.

Simultaniously/Individually: Now I see the correct rule.
((But individually resolved Agriculture means that you lose as many tokens from a tiles which is not adjacent to agriculture tile, as many agriculture tile you have - and it's not rigth, I see))

Thanks for the clarification.

PaYa Hanak

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pa°L° wrote:
Mmm... I think you didn't get the rule. Agriculture works this way:
1) Add 2 tokens on each Agriculture (green) tile you own on the gameboard;
2) Remove 2 tokens from ALL THE TILES you own that are not Agriculture tiles and ARE NOT ORTHOGONALLY ADJACENT to your Agriculture tiles.

Isn't that remove 1 token not 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pa°L° wrote:
Yes, remove just 1 token... really sorry. Should I edit the previous post?

I would say that it would help others for future reference. Then we could both delete our replies to clean up the thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.