Subject: Shipping Woes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Mendiola
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the very thing I feared happened. JIT Transportation felt a tracking email wasn't necessary and I didn't realize that my package was waiting for me for several days. (Recently moved) Today I got a mail stating it's being held and I can come pick it up...until yesterday, when it'll be returned. Contacting UPS was no help as it's already starting the return process.

I understand that complications can occur due to my moving and that's fine and dandy if I have to go out of my way to go pick it up. But not receiving a tracking number via email was simply unacceptable. I'm super irate at the moment(not Petersen Games of course).

I've already emailed Petersen Games for support, so I'm mostly posting this to share my frustration over the shipper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That really, really sucks, you have my sympathies

FWIW, I too never received any notification, and I checked my spam filter religiously.

The only thing I can think of is that my email address was different back when I first backed Cthulhu Wars, but I changed it on Kickstarter, and received that final enumeration of the Second Wave materials.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mendiola
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AdamStarks wrote:
That really, really sucks, you have my sympathies

FWIW, I too never received any notification, and I checked my spam filter religiously.

The only thing I can think of is that my email address was different back when I first backed Cthulhu Wars, but I changed it on Kickstarter, and received that final enumeration of the Second Wave materials.

Yeah, I think the shipper is giving Petersen Games a nice pitch about the tracking numbers, but the amount of people posting about not getting tracking numbers is pretty high compared to other projects I've backed (except Posthuman).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Michigan DVM - got 3 tracking #'s from JIT this morning and just received one of those tracking #'s in an email from Petersen Games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guest Guestington
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I'm already pretty sure that's how it's gonna be for me, too. No warning, it'll just be here. That's if I see it before someone makes off with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guest Guestington
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Confirmed. No tracking number, I just caught it on UPS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry Dave, for the record I never received a tracking number but just watched on UPS my choice. Ironically I only signed up for that because of another KS that didn't send tracking numbers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William M. Buff
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No tracking for me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N R
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have every right to be upset with Peterson games. I am. I want to make excuses for them but they've had my money for 2.5 years and I still don't have my items. We can blame the shippers but ultimately, the buck stops with Peterson Games.

All I have at this point is a tracking number telling me I might have my items by 12/29/15. Understandably, I'm not going to hold my breath.

There is some good that comes of this: I've decided to stop backing games. There are plenty of great games released all the time and I'd rather just buy something and get it instead of waiting years for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
OmegaDestroyer wrote:
You have every right to be upset with Peterson games. I am. I want to make excuses for them but they've had my money for 2.5 years and I still don't have my items. We can blame the shippers but ultimately, the buck stops with Peterson Games.

All I have at this point is a tracking number telling me I might have my items by 12/29/15. Understandably, I'm not going to hold my breath.

There is some good that comes of this: I've decided to stop backing games. There are plenty of great games released all the time and I'd rather just buy something and get it instead of waiting years for it.

Yes, agreed. The buck stops with Petersen Games. We have had perhaps more than our share of issues and troubles with getting our rewards to our backers, and this is certainly one of them, but by no means the biggest problem we've ever had. Sometimes the problem arose from our naivete at knowing how to do the sorts of things a publisher needs to do (very early delays in the core game production back in 2013 can be chalked up to that, for example). Sometimes from our partners just not being quite on the level. Sometimes our partners being fine, but not just a good fit for our needs. And sometimes due to entropy that can't easily be anyone's direct fault.

One thing we have done is identify and find solutions to such problems every single time without exception. When the need has arose, we've switched factories, shippers, pledge managers, distributors, and even other behind the scenes business partners, because they didn't meet expectations or because they weren't a good fit for some reason.

I am not suggesting that we are automatically dropping these current shippers, though that is not out of the question!

But I will say, that even for a tiny company like us, the amount of behind the scenes business relationships we have to have just to do what we do can be complex and staggering. We can only specialize in the game developing part. The rest we have to rely on others, and ensuring those others are up to the task is a huge task in itself. It is much easier to find the cheapest bidder and just stick with them forever. We don't do that.

At the end of the day, we try to do what's right for our backers. We could have had a sub par version of Cthulhu Wars and it's expansions out in late 2014. Trust me that we are experiencing FAR fewer complaints now, a year later, than we would have had we released it a year ago in a worse shape by every measure. As Shigeru Miyamoto once said:
"a delayed game is eventually good. A bad game is bad forever."

Back to shipping:
We are on our 3rd iteration of shippers for N. America. Perhaps there will be a 4th. I don't know yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Scott
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry to hijack Afrofrycook's thread, but I wonder if Arthur can comment on the latest shipping deadline. I don't have any tracking or shipping messages, and it seems others are in the same boat; do you know if the shippers claim to have shipped everything as promised (and we are missing the emails) or if they are still working to ship? It would determine if I need to find a neighbor to be on the lookout for 50 lbs of packages over CHristmas...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mendiola
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Arthur, the email is still support@petersengames.com correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
Afrofrycook wrote:
Hey Arthur, the email is still support@petersengames.com correct?

Yes, that goes to Link, who is out of town for Christmas, but should still be checking them. You can always copy me on those too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William M. Buff
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my tracking, thank you!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim FitzSimons

Suwanee
Georgia
msg tools
mbmbmb
No tracking here, no email, no PG replies on the KS to let us know what is going on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mendiola
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the new year and no movement on JIT's end. I confirmed with UPS that they received the package on 12/24/15 at noon, but emails I've sent to them directly have gotten me nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.