Subject: Facts Concerning the Late Six Investigators and Mandy Thompson rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J. Alan Henning
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am writing this under an appreciable mental strain, since as of last night six of my dearest friends are no more. I wish the memories would abandon me. I remember all my life raining down as cold as ice.

Down a lane in the countryside of southern Massachusetts, deep into a village set in the woods, comes a lonely and curious country. It was the salesman James, brought here by the stench of commerce, whose knocking upon the wrong door roused the Old One. This salesman fled in terror from the approaching doom, yet he was the first of us investigators knocked out of commission.

The eldritch horror, with its all-consuming hunger, took into its unspeakable maw Jeff, who had been like a mother to us all. The memory of it gnashing, gnawing and masticating John has inspired in me such a revulsion of our own carnivorous nature that I shall now be ever a vegetarian.

The final desperate cries of David and Jay will ever sing siren-like in my memory. "Oh, Mandy," they called. "Stop me from shaking, and we need you today. Oh, Mandy!" Alas, I'm standing on the edge of time; I've walked away when love was mine.

Of Brad, who was my friend in college and in after life, I can speak only with extreme terror. The indescribable devourer played with him before eating him, like a devil cat with a sunny disposition. It is true that I have sent six bullets through the head of my best friend, and yet I hope to shew by this statement that it was an act of mercy.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. Yesterday's a dream. I face the morning, crying on a breeze. The pain is calling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I needed a laugh! (You brought tears to my eyes!)

Great soundtrack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.