Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » General

Subject: skirmish replayability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicole M
msg tools
Hi guys,

i couldn't understand
how many diverse skirmish maps are there in the base game?
and how many different missions are there?

if i'm buying the base game mainly for the skirmish, does it has enough replay value?

thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 6 skirmish missions, 2 for each of the 3 maps in the core game.

I have played the skirmish only a few times, but the replayability does not only come from varying the maps and objectives, but from squad and command deck building. If you play for fun and not tournaments, you'll have fun for a long time with just the core box.

At some point you'll want to buy figure expansions to allow more options for both squad and command deck building. For example the mercenary faction does not really have much variety/viability on its own with just the core box stuff. (But by spending a point you can do limited mix of factions.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having owned everything, there are a LOT of skirmish maps. So if map variety is a thing, it grows very, very fast (each expansion pack has two different skirmish maps). I've played many skirmishes, and it hasn't dropped off in enjoyability yet

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
(each expansion pack has two different skirmish maps).

I'm sure you mean each expansion has one map for two skirmish missions.

The core box comes with Luke and Vader expansions, thus 3 maps and 6 missions.

To date (I don't have the Hoth-stuff yet), there are 17 maps, 34 skirmish missions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's what I was thinking, but I guess my fingers weren't listening to my brain

Each pack has one map but two mission cards. Your mission deck will rapidly get large.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.