Hare & Tortoise» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Hare and Tortoise -- Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
flag msg tools
Most in the group had never played this David Parlett classic. I brought along my German “Hase und Igel” version with the wonderful children’s artwork. We opted to use the “Jugging the Hare” chart as opposed to the card deck.

I held back early, hoping to grab a quick lettuce space. I was delayed a bit, but was able to munch two chunks of lettuce and speed to the front. I was also the first to devour my final lettuce, but found myself with too many carrots to finish the race. So, time would be lost tossing those carrots.

Jim remained close to me through much of the race, and also was forced to delay near the finish line in order to divest himself of some carrots. This allowed Alison to zoom past us. She had calculated well, finishing the race with nine carrots and claiming the victory.

Ratings: Alison 8.5, Gail 8, Rhonda 7.5, Jim 7, Greg 7
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.