Subject: Homesteader card - changed or misprinted? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ernst Juergen Ridder
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my ComplCollEd is a Homesteader card, which gives a discount of 1 Lira when building a structure.

My Viticulture Essential Upgrade Pack contains a Homesteader card, which gives a discount of 3 Lire.

Which card is correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good catch! The new version is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Jamie instead of just pointing us to the PDF of cards and asking us to dig could someone produce a list of the changes in the new edition? Why does that seem so elusive?

Because they keep popping up. This is upgrading my mild annoyance at the new edition into genuine disgruntledness.

I suppose a propper fix pack is right out of the question as you would have already mentioned it. But since there are new cards I for one would like them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All of the changes are noted on this page: http://stonemaiergames.com/games/viticulture/essential-editi...

If you'd like these very slight revisions, we printed a very affordable upgrade pack for people like you. It's available directly from us and from retailers everywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Ooof sorry. I was up all night watching Star Wars multiple times.

I really thought the card changes were not called out on that page.

(but really I just want the new cards, do I really need whole new decks of everything?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve T
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Will the couple of cards with changes be available at BGG store at some stage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the low price of the upgrade pack, probably not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Low price? Over twenty bucks to get it to my door.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
Low price? Over twenty bucks to get it to my door.

CoolStuffInc has it for $7.99 USD right now, but I'm not sure what the shipping options are to Canada. I'd be surprised if a Canadian retailer didn't pick it up soon if not already though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a few in stock in Canada too (leftovers from the pre-order), but I'm sure some Canadian have it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
It's not that $17 USD/$24 CAD is a hardship.

It's that if I'm reading this all correctly I need *two cards* that have been updated (I have collectors edition w/ Tuscany).

I mean even look at the packaging for it - it says if you have Tuscany you don't need this. Well if you want the fixed cards I guess you do.

Am I misreading this entirely? Am I way out of line here? I can't recall a comparable kind of scenario in all my decades of gaming and hundreds of games owned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Tuscany and still bought the Essential Edition upgrade pack. I thought I was getting corrected field tiles (got cards instead), 1 modified visitor card (got 2 instead per this discussion), and modified rules (got a subset of them but there's at least 1 rule change in EE that isn't in the upgrade pack rule sheet). The cheapskate in me groused, but for the $8.25 I paid for it I can't whine too much. I'm happy with what I got for what I paid, but I wouldn't have gotten it if I had to pay double-digit dollars. If I were you I'd wait for Canadian supply and tack it on to another order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven F
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey Jamey,

Just to confirm as I didn't see this rules change listed in the provided link.

With the Essential Edition, we no longer start the game with a Pinot card, correct?

If no Pinot card, is this because of the Mamas and Papas being included? I'm not seeing a no Pinot card at start rule in the Tuscany rule book for Mamas and Papas, so just interested in the thoughts behind this possible rules change if there is indeed one.

Apologies if I missed something obvious here and the Pinot card is still included in the basic setup or if this particular rule has already been touched upon on BGG. Thanks much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
PopularDumpling wrote:
With the Essential Edition, we no longer start the game with a Pinot card, correct?

If no Pinot card, is this because of the Mamas and Papas being included? I'm not seeing a no Pinot card at start rule in the Tuscany rule book for Mamas and Papas, so just interested in the thoughts behind this possible rules change if there is indeed one.

Apologies if I missed something obvious here and the Pinot card is still included in the basic setup or if this particular rule has already been touched upon on BGG. Thanks much.

If you're using the Mamas and Papas, you just get what's on those cards, nothing else. See this thread on the Tuscany forums: Re: Still take Pinot grape with mama and papas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven F
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
runtsta wrote:

If you're using the Mamas and Papas, you just get what's on those cards, nothing else. See this thread on the Tuscany forums: Re: Still take Pinot grape with mama and papas?

Thank you very much for the info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PopularDumpling wrote:
Hey Jamey,

Just to confirm as I didn't see this rules change listed in the provided link.

Byron is right, you no longer get the pinot. This is mentioned in the introduction paragraph of the rules for the Mamas & Papas expansion in the Tuscany rulebook:

"Players wont begin the game with the standard set of workers, cards, and money; instead [...]"

Notice the words "cards", which includes the pinot, since that's a card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ender Wiggins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested to know the reasons behind changing the Homesteader card as noted here:
Quote:
The Promoter card has a slight word change (“and” changed to “or”), as does the Homesteader card ($3 discount instead of $1).

Is this a change owners of 1st and 2nd edition Viticulture should also be making, to keep the game balanced?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think so. The card plays fine either way. We made it a little better, but the previous version wasn't broken, just a little weak.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.