Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Android» Forums » General

Subject: The Worlds of Android - Android encyclopedia/artbook/resource book from FFG rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kelly B
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just an FYI, my copy with the prints and the playmat arrived today and on first glance flipping through these pages, it looks like they did this game some good. So much information. I half expected a purely art book, in fact I'd say that text makes up most of the book and it is encyclopedic in nature.

I can't say if there is anything new (beyond what we've seen from this game through Netrunner and the fiction) yet but it is a beauty.

Just in case you were on the fence about it...I'm quite addicted to this 'verse so it was a must buy for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters. --Arnold J. Rimmer--
mbmbmb
Re: The Worlds of Android
What is this "Prints and playmats' of which you speak? I've been working my way through the novels, which are okay. Light pulp fiction reading, but enjoyable.

Edit:

is THIS what you're talking about? the Worlds of Android book?

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/11/11/larger...

edit2: Yes, Hence the TITLE OF THE POST.... I'm a little slow, but I get there in there end.... Wish I would have seen the pre-order. That looks sweet! Gonna have to check it out when it's available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The prints and playmats were part of a limited preorder. Had to order by Dec 1, 2015.

And yes. Thanks for posting the link. I was going to do that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters. --Arnold J. Rimmer--
mbmbmb
I'm really really digging the world of Android. I wish I would have spotted this pre-order earlier.

Whats the playmat for? Netrunner?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lhowser wrote:
I'm really really digging the world of Android. I wish I would have spotted this pre-order earlier.

Whats the playmat for? Netrunner?

The player mat is just another piece of art, can be used for anything but would work for Netrunner cause of the artwork. It's not as bright as I thought it would be but still pretty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've spent another 45 or so minutes with this book and as a rabid fan of FFG's brand of cyberpunk I can confidently say that this is a veritable cornucopia of Android knowledge. It's got personal angles, scientific diagrams and explanations, media angles, and amazing, amazing artwork. It's pleasantly surprisingly mostly text though and anyone wanting to immerse themselves further into the Android universe NEEDS this book.

Okay, so I'm five by five with this one. Well done FFG. I haven't made a critical glance at it yet of course because it is something I've been looking forward to since its announcement. Surely though, if there is anything to find at fault with it, it is far out shadowed by the immensity of its content.

I thought the paperbacks were fun reads but they really did bring to light many of the elements of the Android Universe, well, this spells it out in detail from several angles. Four foldout pages diagram a Rutherford arcology and Heinlein base on the moon in moderate breakaway detail.

The book is well bound and can be held open without splitting.

I'll stop gushing now because I'm over the moon with it. Do take my words with a grain of salt. I've been a long time fanboy of the Android universe and this is like having several weeks worth of new stuff to just completely lose oneself in. Bias be damned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elijah
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
You think that's air you're breathing?
badge
We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant That We Should voyage far.
mbmbmbmbmb
Instant buy for me. Although I still wish they would just make Android RPG already...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
derp wrote:
Instant buy for me. Although I still wish they would just make Android RPG already...

Would Cyberpunk 2020 not scratch that itch?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.