Subject: Competitive generic lists rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Smith
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Just thought I'd throw this out there for discussion.
Can generic lists, using minimal upgrades, be "reasonably competitive?
I've used, or have seen used, the following lists with mixed success.

4B with Advanced Sensors OR Fire Control

3B
2A with Push the Limit

8Z

2B with 2-4 points of upgrades on each
4Z

So the question is can generic lists, using lower pilot skills and minimal upgrades, be reasonably competitive with most lists? Or is there starting to be enough upgrades that the named pilots have too much stuff at their disposal, and can whittle down the generics before they can be effective?

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron D
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
4BZ may not be at the top of the meta right now but it is still a very solid list. Triple Bounty Hunter can also be a wrecking ball if people aren't prepared for it.

The current popular lists based on generic pilots do use some upgrades. TLT spam, usually on Y-Wings with droids, works reasonably well, though it is quite beatable. A swarm of Black Squadron TIE Fighters, each with Crackshot is quite powerful. 4 Tempest Advanceds with Accuracy Corrector is also a good start to a list, though people usually end up filling that out with Dark Curse, so it isn't purely generics (you could use a Black Squadron Pilot with Crackshot instead though).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Smith
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Thanks for the reminder.
I've used the 4BZ list myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Whitesell
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
4x Blue Squadron with Accuracy Corrector is good.

4x Tempest with Accuracy Corrector is good.

Accuracy Corrector is good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Carlsson
Sweden
Skällinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had some success with 5 cartel marauders. But I think 4 black sun aces with crackshot is slightly better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.