Hide
3 Posts

Risk: Game of Thrones» Forums » Rules

Subject: Sequence of play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew C.
msg tools
Tonight we have some doubt about the real sequence of play during invasion.

Which is the right sequence of play ?

1 ) Example

Melisandre
(Play before you declare any invasions - force an opponent to discard a maester card at random )

I pay Melisandre 200 gold and I tell that Baratheon's player discard a master card. He have only one master card that he will play "at any time" ... can Baratheon play on answer to Melisandre ?

I think yes because is "at any time"

2 ) Example

I'm Tyrell : I declare an invasion against Lannister

I roll die 6 4 3

Lannister defense is 5 5

Now i want to play Margaery Tyrell
( Play after rolling dice for a battle - You may force an opponent to re-roll any one diie once for the battle )
and Lannister wanto to play Tywin Lannister
( Play after rolling dice for a battle when you're the defender - add 1 to all defense dice for the battle )

Who start ?

1) Margaery because is the offense player and so Lannister re roll 5 5
2) Lannister and replace 5 5 in 6 6
3) Lannister and replace 5 5 in 6 6 and I can with Margaery cancel this effect and re roll defence Lannister dice again with Tywin +1
4) Lannister and replace 5 5 in 6 6 and I can with Margaery cancel this effect and re roll defence Lannister dice without Tywin +1

We do .. offense choice first, then defense and again offense and so on ... but we don't know

When there is a conflict ( same words ) in ability, master cards ... we start always with offense then defense, again offense, then defense again and so on ...

Is the right way ? Can you help me ?shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
neurox wrote:
Which is the right sequence of play ?

1 ) Example

Melisandre
(Play before you declare any invasions - force an opponent to discard a maester card at random )

I pay Melisandre 200 gold and I tell that Baratheon's player discard a master card. He have only one master card that he will play "at any time" ... can Baratheon play on answer to Melisandre ?

I think yes because is "at any time"

This is by no means official, but I think no, because you declared you were using Melisandre before your opponent could declare he was using his Maester card. (The only exception I could imagine, and I am not sure if such a card exists, would be a Maester card that allows you to cancel a character ability that was just used against you.) It seems unfair to allow the target of Melisandre to use the Maester card before losing it.

By the way, how could you target the Baratheon player with Melisandre anyway?

Edit: I don't know about your second question. What I am unsure about is whether Tyrell could still declare he is using Margaery AFTER Lannister has declared he is using Tywin. I think it would be a poor choice for Tyrell to do so, though. Lannister only has to re-roll one die, so he will still have one 6 (5+1) to match the Tyrell's 6 and odds are good (2/3) that the re-rolled second defense die will still beat Tyrell's 4, his second highest die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew C.
msg tools
OK thanks very much

for first example ... clear i'm wrong to choice Baratheon as enemy ... misunderstanding ... and Usaopoly ( I ask them ) tell me that I can't play Master Cards in answer Melisandre's ability.
So now is a clear point.

For Second example Usaopoly tell me something, but the answer isn't so real clear ...

My principal doubt is .. who start declare ability ... attack's player or defense ? This is the real problem that I haven't understand ...

We follow sequence ... attack, defense, attack , defense and so on ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.