Italy
Rome
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
It's pointless to resist my son
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about factories.

If I use strategic bombardment I can make loose production points to enemy, but if I capture it what are the adverse effect ?

Moreover once captured the enemy player can bombard it and make me loose production points ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
sonluomo wrote:
I have a question about factories.

If I use strategic bombardment I can make loose production points to enemy, but if I capture it what are the adverse effect ?

Moreover once captured the enemy player can bombard it and make me loose production points ?

Yes, once you capture a Factory, the other side can then bomb it (and if you capture an already-bombed-that-turn Factory, it retains its damage fyi.) Capturing an enemy Factory does not affect enemy production; it will give you a VP most likely. You'll have to capture enemy Oil and Resources to affect their production.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fowler
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So is it like WiF ? - Bomb Factory - Take Factory hex (area in the case of Blitz)- the result of the bombing is still inflicted on the former owner.
I tend to say yes but the group I was playing with said no

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Fargofootball wrote:
So is it like WiF ? - Bomb Factory - Take Factory hex (area in the case of Blitz)- the result of the bombing is still inflicted on the former owner.

I would say "No" based on this:

Blitz! rules wrote:
7.6 Determine your Oil and Resources

6. Subtract from these totals one for each point of damage to
your Factories. Subtract from your Resources first, then
from your Oil. Then remove the damage markers on your
Factories.

If they are enemy held, they are no longer "your" factories...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davide de Martino
Italy
Rome
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
Blitz! rules 7.6 Determine your Oil and Resources

Factories.

This does not make sense at all. I understand its a game, but it should be a simulation also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
sonluomo wrote:
wifwendell wrote:

Factories.

This does not make sense at all. I understand its a game, but it should be a simulation also.

There are two possible approaches to this (one is "yes you suffer double-losses", the other is Blitz' "you lose the factory, strat bombing doesn't matter"). Neither will make everybody happy. Unless you design a game where production is done constantly during the course of a turn so you can determine the exact amount of production lost by the strat bombing in the first part of the turn and account for the fact that the factory was taken by the enemy later in the turn... But that would be much more complex, even WIF doesn't go that far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Fargofootball wrote:

Hi Steve,

Whomever controls a Factory with Strategic damage at the end of the turn suffers from that damage (even if they inflicted it themselves before taking over the area later on during the turn).

Hope that clarifies!

Cheers,
Dave L.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
sonluomo wrote:
wifwendell wrote:

Factories.

Hi Davide,

It is possible, but unusual to "lose production" when taking over an enemy-controlled land area with a Factory that already has strategic damage in it. Most land areas with a Factory also have as many Resources and/or Oil as the size of Factory in the area, so if you take over a bombed out land area, there is usually no net loss to your production.

The best example, and one of the most frequently bombed land areas, is Paris. The USA & AFA will frequently bomb Paris for 1 point of Strategic damage. If they later take over Paris, they will gain 2 Resources. So even if it is bombed out, their production still will increase.

There are land areas with a Factory where this is not the case. You can Blitz-Zen this as "Well, we just bombed this area, then took it, now we need to clean up the damage".

From a game play perspective, if you plan ahead, you should have a good idea of what land areas you plan to Ground Attack before you start launching any Strategic Attacks. Personally, I would almost never Strategically bomb a land area if I was going to Ground Attack it; the exception would be if I was 95% sure that my Ground Attack was going to fail. (Sometimes I may invade Paris or Rome as the USA/AFA, knowing that I probably won't win, just to cause attrition, for example.)

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Dave L.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davide de Martino
Italy
Rome
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveLeLacheur wrote:
sonluomo wrote:
wifwendell wrote:

Factories.

Hi Davide,

It is possible, but unusual to "lose production" when taking over an enemy-controlled land area with a Factory that already has strategic damage in it. Most land areas with a Factory also have as many Resources and/or Oil as the size of Factory in the area, so if you take over a bombed out land area, there is usually no net loss to your production.

The best example, and one of the most frequently bombed land areas, is Paris. The USA & AFA will frequently bomb Paris for 1 point of Strategic damage. If they later take over Paris, they will gain 2 Resources. So even if it is bombed out, their production still will increase.

There are land areas with a Factory where this is not the case. You can Blitz-Zen this as "Well, we just bombed this area, then took it, now we need to clean up the damage".

From a game play perspective, if you plan ahead, you should have a good idea of what land areas you plan to Ground Attack before you start launching any Strategic Attacks. Personally, I would almost never Strategically bomb a land area if I was going to Ground Attack it; the exception would be if I was 95% sure that my Ground Attack was going to fail. (Sometimes I may invade Paris or Rome as the USA/AFA, knowing that I probably won't win, just to cause attrition, for example.)

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Dave L.

thank you Dave. This explanation will suffice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.