Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I received my copy today (when the wife wasn't looking - whew)! (And no, it wasn't her Christmas present. It's turned out to be a present for me. But she doesn't need to know about it, is all).

Anyway, after she went to bed I watched some late night TV and got the game punched and pursued the Rulebook. Looks to be a little lighter than I expected - if the length of the Rulebook is any indication - (which is actually a good thing).

But the box is heavy! And the wooden tokens are also a great touch. Though I do anticipate constantly forgetting which stars are the one value Reputation, and which are the two value.... Me, after earning four Rep: "Hey, give me four Reputation please! Uh, is that two black stars or two white stars? Hell, I can never remember which is which!"

I look forward to trying out the game for myself with my local meetup - to see if any of those early reviews about it being a chaotic and incomplete game are true.

So my traveling ticket is "punched"! How about yours?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathias Heilmann
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine a few days ago. I don't think I'm going to use the wooden stars because of the missing numbers on them. A look on the Kickstarter page told me that the blacks are supposed to be 3 reputation, the whites 1, which is even more confusing. It also seems to be impossible to fit all the basic and deluxe components into the box, since it's so packed to begin with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm treating the "worth three reputation" thing as a typo, given that there are the same number of black stars as there are two-reputation chits.

It is damned annoying that they don't all fit in the box, though. Whilst I appreciate leaving just enough room for the basic game, so that everything stays in place, I do feel a little stitched up having paid extra for nicer bits and now having nowhere to put them. If I'd known that, I think I wouldn't have bothered with the upgrade. Especially given that the original bits are pretty nice in the first place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

1) About the missing numbers: Yeah, it'd been nice if the wooden tokens came with at least a sheet of number stickers.

2) About the "2" vs "3": I noticed that also. I assumed the same thing - that the "3" shown on the KS page was a typo. The Rulebook makes it clear that the Rep tokens come in "1" and "2" values. (Though one would think that "1" and "3" are more economical denominations, as how it's done in most other games).

3) About fitting in the box: I was able to fit the game and the wooden tokens in the box just fine. BUT, that's assuming you decide to go without the cardboard Reputation and Ingot tokens. Everything fits as long as you decide to use either cardboard or wood - but not both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering if it would fit if you didn't bag anything up and just chucked it all in there. I'm thinking probably, but I haven't tried it as I know I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if it was stored that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

As I mentioned above, everything fits nicely if you go with either the cardboard tokens or the wooden tokens, but not both.

And I always, always, organize my components in bags, storage trays (i.e., Plano), lidded sauce cups, or bead storage organizers. Like you said, if anything is loose inside the box (even two dice), I start pinging and can't bring myself to close the lid!*

So what I'm saying is that with the wooden stars bagged (white and black in separate bags), and the wooden ingots bagged (also separately), everything fits inside the (rather skinny) box!

*(Though when clearing the table during a gaming session, then I do simply throw everything into the box and organize later - I still maintain the ability to choose the timing of when my OCD kicks in, so there's still hope for me)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eryn roston
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

3) About fitting in the box: I was able to fit the game and the wooden tokens in the box just fine. BUT, that's assuming you decide to go without the cardboard Reputation and Ingot tokens. Everything fits as long as you decide to use either cardboard or wood - but not both.

Would you mind posting a picture of how you are sorting it all? I tried to put only the upgraded components in the box and it seems like there is no way it will all actually fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am having the same issue getting everything to fit. Pictures would be great. The location pieces are two big too fit side by side in the box itself so they have to stack and don't fit along with the character boards. The closest I have gotten is to overlap them in a corner, but the components still wont fit in the box. They are in a bag outside of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Here are some pix, as requested. Sorry about the blurriness... am in the middle of packing for a holiday trip, so I didn't take the time that I should've, to guarantee good images. But these should help with seeing how it all can fit.

And note that once I have a chance to get into this game, I'll likely split the cards into smaller, individually packaged decks... I don't see that changing things. But I would like to put the tokens in cups (I use sauce cups with lids, or screw-together containers, usually, for such a purposes). Anyway, once I do that, then I do anticipate a problem. But in the meantime, everything fits. Also note that the lid closes completely.

Here's everything: (Again, except the cardboard tokens - no need for them when using the wooden tokens).

Now let's "Peel the onion" ...Player Mats Removed:

Now I've removed the location boards. You can see everything else in place, all in separate bags (that came with the game). The game board sits on the bottom. Also, the "Dirty Trick" cards are under the dice:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.