Jack Neal
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Dare I ask? Any combinations that would be close to try making solitaire?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Anderson
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt it, this is neither multi player solitaire or coop. most of the games are reasonably interactive, the ones that aren't still wouldn't be that interesting solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
There would have to be significant development to do anything cooperative or solitare with this game. All games include competition with settlements on a map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Neal
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
The closest I would think might be 129 or any without residents to reduce bookkeeping but I really didn't find a good fit anywhere.

Maybe it will be the expansion. : )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hutnik
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say to consider using the explore module, and then add a timing mechanism, so you need to try to get to a certain score before X turns are up. I would say you start with a single city tile and explore out from that.

That is about all I can say now. I still need to play through a bunch more modules to see what might be possible. Down the road, I may crank out a solitaire scenario myself for 504.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not truly solo-able but it works fine playing multiple sides. I'd recommend most people play 123 solo before teaching others, at least a few turns of it and making sure they got the rules right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jr. Rosbach
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
No set up in this game will work well as a solitare game as in every game your primary goal is to do better than the other tribes/players. In nearly every module there is something you are competing with the other players. Excluding scoring and added rules for certain mixtures, only modules 1.iii and 2.i have rules that does not rely on what the other players are doing. Additionally, I highly doubt there would be an expansion that can add solitare play without rewriting the rules completely. If you are looking for a solitare game experience, I would highly recommend looking elsewhere.

Now that being said, I would like to mention that I mess around with the game by myself on the side while watching a movie or something just to see how the game ticks. I play as all four tribes and just try do the best I can with each. However, to me that is not really playing, it is more just research, exploring, and learning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Neal
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
It is definitely brilliant. My OP was more conjecture than anything else. Short of taking your worst score between two factions that's about it. Not much game there and you are right - there are better solo options out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hutnik
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Raiderjakk wrote:
It is definitely brilliant. My OP was more conjecture than anything else. Short of taking your worst score between two factions that's about it. Not much game there and you are right - there are better solo options out there.

Were you taking Knizia Low Score method? It sounds like it:

I do believe it is possible to design some scenarios that work single player. But, I know with myself, for example, I need to play the game more before I do anything like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.