Popular Tags: [View All]
Mattias Fall
Sweden
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the diary of The Great Hero of Dawn.

Morning, second day: By the Clear Pool.
I have spent the first night here, resting. To the north is the Temple, where I will get the Dispel Potion once I have collected the ingredients. To the west is the village of Dawn, where I started from, and to the east is a Hermit, who I will go to see today. North of the village is a Fairy Ring, where I collected some Fairy Dust. I killed a couple of Monsters, and with their Gold I bought an Empty Flask, a Dagger and a Big Red Apple. I also paid a Thief in Dawn, who told me that the Bandit Lair is south of the village. That was a good piece of information indeed. I have 1 Gold left.

Morning, the third day: I´m back at the Clear Pool.
Yesterday, I sold some Fairy Dust at the Temple for 1 Gold. I now have 5 Gold, 1 Fairy Dust, 1 Dagger, 1 Empty Flask and 1 Red Plant.

Evening, the third day: The Clear Pool has become my base where I spend the nights to get some rest.
Today I returned to the village of Dawn, where I bought another Dagger, some Fairy Dust and a Big Red Apple. I met the Thief again and paid for some more news. He told me there is a Training House to the south form the Clear Pool and east of the Bandit Lair. I punched his face for suggesting that I might need some training, but he said there is a Dwarf Axe sold there for 7 Gold.
I then traveled west and found a Fountain where I filled my Flask with Pure Water. I will need it for the Dispel Potion. From the Fountain I walked north and came upon Baga´s Hut. It was a very unpleasant part of the island, and I was not surprised to meet an evil Monster. I slew him and took his 2 Gold. I had better things to do than to fight Baga, but I will pay him a visit later to relieve him of the Ring of Dawn.
I realized that there was not much more for me to explore on the island. I had been told there was a Gnome who could give me some geographical advice, but since I already knew where all the important locations were I didn´t bother to find him. I walked east back to the Fairy Ring where I collected some more Fairy Dust. I also killed a big Monster and relieved him of 3 Gold. Then I kept walking east to the Temple, where I sold the Fairy Dust for 1 Gold. As daylight was fading, I then came here to the Clear Pool.
I now have 7 Gold, 1 Fairy Dust, 2 Daggers, 1 Empty Flask, 1 Red Plant, 1 Flask of Pure Water, and 1 Big Red Apple.

Evening, the fourth day: Near the Temple.
I didn’t feel very strong this morning [bad Cards], so I walked south to that Training House the Thief told me about. I bought the Dwarf Axe, did some training [exchanged 4 Cards] and earned 1 Gold. I then returned north past the Pool to the Temple. Unexpectedly, I encountered a Monster at this holy place. I cut its ugly head in half with my Dwarf Axe, taking its 2 Gold. I will now spend the night here.

Morning, the fifth day: Near the Temple.
I now have 3 Gold, 1 Fairy Dust, 2 Daggers, 1 Empty Flask, 1 Red Plant, 1 Flask of Pure Water, 1 Big Red Apple, and the Dwarf Axe.
However, I still feel weak and tired [really bad Cards, and only 7 of them, since the Temple has a Danger level of 1 that only lets you fill your hand up to 7 Cards].

Evening, the fifth day: In the village of Dawn.
From the Temple I walked north to the Cliff, where I met a huge Monster. I killed it using one of my Daggers but my reward was only 2 Gold. I then walked east and came upon a Dark Cave. I killed a second Monster for 1 Gold and then defeated the Goblorc outside the Cave, using my second Dagger. I took some beating from the trapped door [leaving me with only 1 Card on hand!] but I gave my Big Red Apple to the Ape, who then became a Girl. She teleported us to Dawn and gave me the Elf Boots and 1 Gold. Tonight I have bought myself another two Daggers and paid for one night at the Tavern. I have 4 Gold, 1 Fairy Dust, 2 Daggers, 1 Empty Flask, 1 Red Plant, 1 Flask of Pure Water, the Dwarf Axe, and the Elf Boots.

Morning, the sixth day: In the village of Dawn.
I feel much stronger today [a full hand of 8 Cards, 4 of them 4s!]. This is my plan for today: I will go to the Cliff to get the Magic Seed, and then I´ll bring it to the Temple and get the Potion. Then I will have the Priest teleport me back here. Tomorrow I will fight Baga and take the Ring of Dawn. Then, on the eighth day, I will fight the Bandits.

Morning, the seventh day. In the village of Dawn.
Yesterday passed according to plan. I climbed the Cliff with no problems. There weren´t even any Monsters this time. I have 1 Gold, 1 Fairy Dust, 2 Daggers, the Dispel Potion, the Dwarf Axe, and the Elf Boots. [I have a full 8 Cards. I still have 3 of those 4s, but I got bad cards when I rested tonight].

Evening, the seventh day: Back in the village of Dawn.
Today I walked back to Baga´s Hut. Outside, I killed a terrible Monster [Strength 6] and got 3 Gold. Helped by my Fairy Dust, I just figured out the riddle and then dodged Baga´s spell. I closed in on him and made him hand over the Ring of Dawn and 1 Gold [I used a Dagger, which was not really needed since I pulled a 4]. Phew, that was close! I then returned to Dawn, where I have bought a new Dagger and 2 Big Red Apples. Tomorrow is the day.

Evening, the eighth day: In the village of Dawn.
This morning, I was finally ready to fight the Bandits. I had 1 Gold, 2 Daggers, 2 Big Red Apples, the Dispel Potion, the Dwarf Axe, the Elf Boots and the Ring of Dawn. [I had 8 Cards: 4 AGL; 3 AGL; 3 STR; 3 INT; 3; 2 AGL; 1; 1].
I headed south to the Bandit Lair. On the way I killed a Monster with no Gold [Strength 4]. I had an Apple [draw: a 3]. I had another Apple [draw: a 1 STR]. I didn´t feel much better.
I attacked the Goblorc guarding the Lair [I played a 3+ Dwarf Axe and 1 Dagger=5. Draw: a 4!] Next I was chased by Bandits [Played 4 AGL, got a 3 INT. 4 AGL+Elf Boots=5. Draw: a 2. Failure, lost 1 Card.
Again: Played 3 AGL, got a 1 AGL. 3 AGL+Elf Boots=4. Draw: a 4! Success!]
I entered the Trap Room [Played 3 INT, got a 3. 3 INT+Ring of Dawn=4. Draw: a 1. Failure. Lost 1 Card.
Again: Played 3 INT, got a 4 INT! 3 INT+Ring of Dawn=4. Draw: a 1. Lost 1 Card.
Again: Played 4 INT, got a 3. 4 INT+Ring of Dawn=5. Draw: a 2. Lost 1 Card.
Again: Played a 3 INT, got a 3 STR. 3 INT+Ring of Dawn=4. Draw: a 4! Success at last.]
I entered the Leader´s Room and avoided his evil spell with my Elf Boots and my Ring of Dawn. I then killed him and discarded my Dispel Potion to make sure he stayed dead [Played a 3 STR, got a 3 AGL. 3 STR + Dwarf Axe + 1 Dagger=5. Draw: a 4!]. Dawn was safe!

Score: 50 pts+1 Gold+3 Special Items=60 pts.

I should have spent 1 Gold on an Empty Flask before the final battle, since it would have been worth 2 pts Anyway, this was my first victory and it feels great. My remaining Cards were a 3 STR, a 3 AGL and two 3s.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonidas Tzortzakis
Greece
Heraklion, Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattias Persson wrote:

I attacked the Goblorc guarding the Lair [I played a 3+ Dwarf Axe and 1 Dagger=5. Draw: a 4!] Next I was chased by Bandits [Played 4 AGL, got a 3 INT. 4 AGL+Elf Boots=5. Draw: a 2. Failure, lost 1 Card.
Again: Played 3 AGL, got a 1 AGL. 3 AGL+Elf Boots=4. Draw: a 4! Success!]
I entered the Trap Room [Played 3 INT, got a 3. 3 INT+Ring of Dawn=4. Draw: a 1. Failure. Lost 1 Card.
Again: Played 3 INT, got a 4 INT! 3 INT+Ring of Dawn=4. Draw: a 1. Lost 1 Card.
Again: Played 4 INT, got a 3. 4 INT+Ring of Dawn=5. Draw: a 2. Lost 1 Card.
Again: Played a 3 INT, got a 3 STR. 3 INT+Ring of Dawn=4. Draw: a 4! Success at last.]
I entered the Leader´s Room and avoided his evil spell with my Elf Boots and my Ring of Dawn. I then killed him and discarded my Dispel Potion to make sure he stayed dead [Played a 3 STR, got a 3 AGL. 3 STR + Dwarf Axe + 1 Dagger=5. Draw: a 4!]. Dawn was safe!

you drew four times a 4 power card! Extremely lucky! I have never won the game yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Fall
Sweden
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Extremely lucky indeed! I haven´t played in a long time, but I suspect that you need a lot of luck to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonidas Tzortzakis
Greece
Heraklion, Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you're right. I played the game lots of times but I always lose to the bandits lair.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.