Donald M.
United States
flag msg tools
I bought Qwirkle Trio from a store in Toronto. A lot of the wooden pieces were stuck together. The paint chipped off when I separated them. I called Customer service and was promised some replacements. Then a month later after nothing arrived, I called again and they said they do not send to International places.

Fortunately I have a friend who lives in America and it can be sent there. I live far from the border so it is a big inconvenience.

Just beware of this Canadians and other foreigners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this even legal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why wouldn't it be legal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
laserjudas wrote:
Why wouldn't it be legal?
What making faulty goods and refusing to replace them? Yes it should be illegal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
Why play 'em when you can trade 'em?!?!
badge
And on the 8th day, God said "Let there be Math Trades"
mbmbmbmbmb
You can file a dispute with your credit card company, assuming you paid that way, and they will credit you what you paid.

slatersteven wrote:
Is this even legal?

"Hello, can I please speak with a police officer,I need to report a crime...My Qwirkle pieces are stuck together"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BentlyCash wrote:
You can file a dispute with your credit card company, assuming you paid that way, and they will credit you what you paid.

slatersteven wrote:
Is this even legal?

"Hello, can I please speak with a police officer,I need to report a crime...My Qwirkle pieces are stuck together"
YOU know things can be illegal and not be a police matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald M.
United States
flag msg tools
BentlyCash wrote:

slatersteven wrote:
Is this even legal?

Technically the woman on the phone said it would be replaced when I gave them my Canadian address. It's when I called a month later that they refused but will send to a U.S. address.

Maybe too late to file a complaint as I agreed. Guess I will pick up on my next holiday or when the Canadian dollar recovers if ever.

It was only 2 tiles and the paint chipping off when I separated them. The others separated ok.

Still I will be leery the next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be illegal in the EU and a prosecution could be launched for failure to comply with UK and EU consumer protection legislation which makes the retailer and manufacturer jointly and severally liable. Obviously the police are not called (!!) - a report is made to the local Trading Standards office.

In almost every case the preferred course of action is to obtain full refund (including shipping both ways) or return/replace at retailer's entire cost; that avoids all the silliness of manufacturers trying to weasel out of their responsibility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
Why play 'em when you can trade 'em?!?!
badge
And on the 8th day, God said "Let there be Math Trades"
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
BentlyCash wrote:

slatersteven wrote:
Is this even legal?

YOU know things can be illegal and not be a police matter.

Yes, I was being snarky.

In the US, there is no legality issue unless the wronged wants to file a lawsuit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.