Subject: Wood Deluxe Box - Fitting everything inside rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Gittins
England
Billingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So a few people are struggling fitting everything inside including all 5th player expansion and gameboard and all 5 player boards then cemetery & 3 hex volcano tile
This 1st pic includes the 60 tiles and all the 2 hex tiles plus spinner! All of the 4 player pieces are in the 2 cloth bags at the front

5th Player pieces just sits in the gap in centre

then the gameboard

5 player boards

rules - cemetery and volcano tile

and Voila

Hope that helps if anyone has other suggestions post them up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James R. Gracen
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Originally I had placed all the tiles in seven stacks in the top portion of the box, each stack being eight or nine tiles high. I finished out the stacks with three of the Two-Hex tiles and the Triple-Volcano tile. I placed the boats, the Start-Player Spinner, and the two remaining Two-Hex tiles that wouldn't fit on the stacks down in the spaces on the side of the tiles. I placed all five players worth of pieces loose in the lower section. The player mats went on top of that on either side of the wooden lip on the divider. The board and instructions went on top.

But after seeing your configuration, I made some changes to mine. I liked the symmetrical look of having only six stacks of tiles, three to a side. And I realized that the two black bags were for the player pieces, and *not* for passing the tiles around the table like I had thought (as in Carcassonne). The bags seem too small for that.

So now my configuration is very similar to yours, but with a couple changes. Like you, I use six stacks of tiles. I place all the boats loose in the gap below the tile stacks and the fifth player pieces. I placed the remaining player pieces in the two bags, and stuffed them in the lower section (they fit better with fewer pieces in them, and the pieces are *much* easier to remove from the box this way). Noticing that the Triple-Volcano tile is as thick as three player mats, I place it and the cemetery on top of the regular tiles, and to the right (for security, I didn't want them on top of everything). I place one play mat on top of them, to the right of the wooden lip. I place the remaining four player mats to the left. The gameboard goes in next, with the rulebook(s) on top.

Thanks for all the images!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.