5 Posts

Posthuman» Forums » General

Subject: Melee combat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Haire

Kentucky
msg tools
We are considering doing a house rule for melee combat to make it more like ranged. It just seems that simultaneous melee is so overpowered for encounters, even if you have 5 melee and roll 5 dice. We are thinking about using speed to allow whoever has the higher speed have their hits take effect first after defense is resolved, therefore nullifying the attack of the losing player/monster should their health be dropped to zero.

Thoughts?

We have had three play throughs so far, each with 3 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Doonican
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The player who "loses" a round of melee combat does not inflict any damage? So there is nothing to nullify? Only the winning roles cause damage - as in only one strike gers through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Bosch
Netherlands
Rotterdam
ZH
flag msg tools
badge
In honour of the brave crew of Hr.Ms. Java 27-02-1942 † Battle of the Java Sea
mbmbmbmbmb
ValDoonican wrote:
The player who "loses" a round of melee combat does not inflict any damage? So there is nothing to nullify? Only the winning roles cause damage - as in only one strike gers through.

I still get a lot off exchange results. At level 3 something like that is lethal. One minute I'm full health and morale. One exchange result with a rhino in round one and I'm in trouble. Second round and I'm knocked out. After 11 turns carefully building and leveling up something like that feels like an anticlimax.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
msg tools
mb
ValDoonican wrote:

I do think the melee aspect in particular is something that's worth a good "How to Play". One thing me and my friends didn't immediately pick up on was the effects of 4+ of Mind, Speed and Strength on melee combat.

* Mind = re-roll opportunity
* Speed = green dice introduction ^
* Stength = extra wounds inflicted ±

^ we got this eventually.
± we played the entire game without this (my character was at 4 STR)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
boshar wrote:
ValDoonican wrote:

I still get a lot off exchange results. At level 3 something like that is lethal. One minute I'm full health and morale. One exchange result with a rhino in round one and I'm in trouble. Second round and I'm knocked out. After 11 turns carefully building and leveling up something like that feels like an anticlimax.

I know the feeling! Especially non-melee oriented player characters seem to have a very hard time vs lvl 3 mutants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.