Popular Tags: [View All]
Dani Wejayana
Indonesia
East Jakarta
DKI Jakarta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello All

Can someone tell me for the Omaha Beach scenario...
-There are four hills(in this case Bluffs) with the bunkers as well in those four hexes.
-Tank unit have three dice to roll.

Rule says : for Hills/Bluffs, when battling enemy that is up the hill, armor shall reduce the battle dice rolled by 1.
For bunkers, armor shall reduce the battle dice rolled by 2.
Total reduction will be 3 (1+2). No dice left for tank units (3-3=0)

My question: Is this correct that there is no way that Tank units can hit enemy units in those hexes (hexes with bluffs and bunkers) eventhough the tanks units are adjacent to one of those hexes?...when infantry units can still shot enemy unit in adjacent hex with 1 die (only reduced by 1 for hills/bluffs and 1 for bunkers.

Regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gibson
United States
San Diego (Scripps Ranch)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that the two conditions are not cummulative. Thus, tanks attacking a bunker would be -2 (no matter that it is on a bluff or hill), and -1 for the bluff (or hill without a bunker). Remember too, that the tank cannot enter either of those hexes and that tanks can only move 2 hexes on beach.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roman Kellner
Germany
Hannover
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rulebook, on top of page 16, right below "FIXED OBSTACLES" it is said that:

"When an obstacle is on a Terrain hex, the Battle dice reductions of the two are not cumulative. The best protection is the only one that matters."
( As Bob already said )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dani Wejayana
Indonesia
East Jakarta
DKI Jakarta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, thank you guys for the hints
it's weekend again, and i will apply this in my next games

Tschuess

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.