Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Kuyvenhoven
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule book is unclear.

Are these placed on the board face up or face down?

I would assume face down, as in the rule book it states that some of the cards/tiles are revealed. But says nothing of the sort for these tiles.

But on the other side, if you don't know what icons are on them, they become a lot less useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
They are placed face up.

EDIT: I never noticed that they don't explicitly state this. Note however that the space where you choose one of two tiles would be pointless if they were face down. Also note that the possessions are face up as well, with even more bizarre issues if they were intended to be face down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Kuyvenhoven
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The spot with two states: Pick 1 Discard the Other.
So you would simply draw both, keep one discarding the other. So face up or down wouldn't effect it, you also are awarded an auto thumbs down when taking that spot.

I have yet to play with possession, so have not read through those rules yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules do not describe the process of picking them both up and looking while you chose. They also do not describe if the discarded tile is face up or not.

It's much more reasonable to assume that they forgot to mention that they are placed face up for two reasons 1) placing them face down would be a terrible design decision in an otherwise strategic offering 2) the amount of rules that are missing is actually larger if you assume they are meant to be face down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Kuyvenhoven
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair enough, thanks for talking through it with me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything is always face up so that you know what you are getting. I will feedback to CGE about this in the rules.

In the meantime, CGE commissioned me to do the official rules video for the game, and the link to this is on the front of the rulebook, so if you watch that, it should help you learn the rules and check everything else is ok. Video is quite short, and features me in a top hat!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.