Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see NO content here yet... has anyone played it? It looks kind of cool... Reading about this and about Bonaparte at Marengo has got me interested in elegant wargames with little or no chance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Becker
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
Bonaparte

Heh, heh. You said Bonaparte.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M G
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Abstract Strategy + Civil War theme = cool

I haven’t played the game, but the rulebook sure does make it look interesting. I do wonder about the replayability, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Hartzel
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I have and it's not a bad little strategy game. I would not classify it as a true "wargame", but it definitely is interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What Dana said -- it's okay, but not great (and not "quite" a wargame). Fun little filler.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMOS BURKE
United Kingdom
WALSALL
WEST MIDLANDS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep just played it after my mate came round with it.

A very easy ,quick and fun game to play.
Not one ounce of luck in the game just skill.
Like chess but with a bit of wargame feel to it, i know people will put this game down as to simple.

But we played a few games and as we goot better playing it the game got more involved

It's fun give it a go
Amos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Koppang
United States
Westmont
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy..."
badge
"For the listener, who listens in the snow, and, nothing himself, beholds nothing that is not there and the nothing that is." -- Wallace Stevens
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played today for the first time. I'll echo Amos' comments and add that you really must play with customized armies to avoid symmetrical play. It's not a bad little game, with a very abstract strategy feel to it in the maneuver and emphasis on material capture. I'd call it a quick filler, something you can pick up and play without much hassle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.