Andrew Gross
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone think that any of the other heroes even come close to Larra in terms of strength? I don't know who I would consider to be second, but whoever it is, it doesn't seem close.

Each turn, Larra picks up the wolf, places it within 1", takes a rush shot with it; then takes a rush shot herself, followed buy a melee shot herself; then, if she did damage with her melee shot, the wolf gets to take a melee shot. Then the wolf is picked up an placed within 1" of Larra. The wolf cannot be killed and acts as a shield.

I played her last night, and no other hero we played in any of the 3 games we played seemed even remotely as powerful. It seemed like almost every turn she had something useful to do; even if it was just taking a long range rush with the wolf to push some overseer pieces out of position, it was still something. I'm sure she did more damage than any other hero, and the shield every turn saved both her and the other heroes from many hits.

Is there some other hero that might have an ability or a combo that I'm overlooking that would put them in the same tier as Larra?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Busch

Broomfield
Colorado
msg tools
mb
Not really. Larra is definitely the most powerful hero in the game from my perspective. Depending on the setup, she can almost solo a level 0 room in the first turn. The Raven Empress is close and the only thing that Larra lacks is that items don't really do much for her since her standard sequence is so powerful. Items can make other heroes better for a round it's not sustainable turn after turn like Larra.

While this sustained powerful shot sequence is unrivaled, I find that she is actually more of a "clean up" hero. A Shadowlithe Fist Elani or River Torrenting Amazon is actually the bigger threat usually since they can spike damage better. Given the nature of the game, this damage spike, though is only for one turn, is usually enough to not worry much about the rest of the turns in the room. Larra can't quite spike damage as high and is better for large crowd-control rooms of single life monsters. A room full of 2 life monsters can be pretty rough on her, whereas Elani or Esti can really rip that room apart. I still believe Larra is more powerful and one of the most fun heroes to play but I also believe that she is not so far beyond the curve that she pushes into an entirely new tier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.