Legend of the Five Rings» Forums » General

Subject: Currency of war Decklists rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Query
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Does anyone have the decklists that are included in The Currency of war learn to play set. I was wondering if I would be able to combine two sets to make the starter decks fuller and better all around?

I come with little knowledge of L5r but with experience with FFG model of packing core boxes with 1 copy of usefull cards so buying more than one box is helpful.

I know this is just two starter decks and not a core set, but at less than 15 bucks would buying another box be worth it or should I stick with one and save up for a box of starter decks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Miller

Maryland
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those decks are mostly maxed out on copies of cards, and you're limited to 3 copies of a card in a deck, so buying another set would leave you with a ton of stuff you wouldn't actually be able to use.

If you're looking to stick more to pre-constructed product, I'd recommend looking into both Siege products (Heart of Darkness and Clan War). They're multiplayer sets, but they're pretty cheap now that the game is "dead", and come with a good variety of useful stuff. Other than that, I'd suggest just holding off and saving up for starters. 20 Festivals are the most recent, but the Ivory Edition ones are cheaper and easier to find right now, and just as useful. There were a couple of rules tweaks between IvE and 20F, but nothing that really effects how the cards in IvE function. And of course there's always boosters and/or singles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yancey Larochelle-Williams
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
I'm also looking for the deck list since I dropped the box and all the cards got mixed up. Does anyone know where I can find that posted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. kempy .
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pquery wrote:
Does anyone have the decklists that are included in The Currency of war learn to play set. I

Here they are + rulebook. Btw they're written as Sun and Moon program format so ready to play online.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fv71m24ghz5yygj/AACp5J096CufL7SrR...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.