United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy folks. As of this afternoon you can find the living rules here: Pax Pamir Rules. These rules compile all of the various clarifications to date. Any changes between these rules and the published rules are in red. Most of the changes were for the sake of clarity and there were no major rulings.

I debated stripping away the various examples and images and producing just a minimal reference document but instead opted for a middle way that reproduced most of the illustrations and examples but formatted them for standard American printers (8.5x11) with minimal ink usage.

I don't doubt that there may be a couple small transcription errors and some weird formatting that I missed. I'll apologize in advance for that, but I don't plan on updating these until there are is sufficient reason to revisit the document.

Happy gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Oberly
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Cole. I am playing my first solo game tonight, to try to cement the rules. Hope to get in a three player game after Christmas. Looks good so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you for the continuous support, Cole
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Great War Commander, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, Combat Commander Europe, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!, Combat Commander Pacific
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, great support. The only rules issue I am trying to wrap my (old) head around is the whole meaning of the loyalty band on the bottom of the cards in your tableau. I get the Patriot thing, but am having issues with the loyalty prize thingy. Working through that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:
Agreed, great support. The only rules issue I am trying to wrap my (old) head around is the whole meaning of the loyalty band on the bottom of the cards in your tableau. I get the Patriot thing, but am having issues with the loyalty thingy. Working through that.

The loyalty band on the bottom has two functions:

1. Spies in a foreign tableau can locate on them to give their owner influence with the corresponding Empire.

2. When a card with such a band is assassinated, it can be taken as a Loyalty prize, again gaining influence with the relevant Empire.

Thematically, it represents a target of a particular Empire. If you spy on or assassinate someone the British want dead, you gain influence with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Great War Commander, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, Combat Commander Europe, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!, Combat Commander Pacific
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
qwertymartin wrote:
DaveyJJ wrote:
Agreed, great support. The only rules issue I am trying to wrap my (old) head around is the whole meaning of the loyalty band on the bottom of the cards in your tableau. I get the Patriot thing, but am having issues with the loyalty thingy. Working through that.

The loyalty band on the bottom has two functions:

1. Spies in a foreign tableau can locate on them to give their owner influence with the corresponding Empire.

2. When a card with such a band is assassinated, it can be taken as a Loyalty prize, again gaining influence with the relevant Empire.

Thematically, it represents a target of a particular Empire. If you spy on or assassinate someone the British want dead, you gain influence with them.

1. I fully understand. 2. If you take a card as a loyalty prize, and place it so it's under your player card, it triggers the same effect as a Patriot card, correct? (Your loyalty changes)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:

1. I fully understand. 2. If you take a card as a loyalty prize, and place it so it's under your player card, it triggers the same effect as a Patriot card, correct? (Your loyalty changes)

Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
qwertymartin wrote:
DaveyJJ wrote:

Correct.

But it just sits like a normal card in your own tableau otherwise, except it gives you influence in that nation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:
qwertymartin wrote:
DaveyJJ wrote:

Correct.

But it just sits like a normal card in your own tableau otherwise, except it gives you influence in that nation?

It doesn't sit as a normal card - you flip it upside down and tuck it under your player card. Its *only* effect is to give you one influence point - you can't use any of its actions.

Or do you mean before it has been assassinated? At that point it's just like any other tableau card - and the Loyalty prize band doesn't give you any influence. The only way the Loyalty prize band can count towards influence is the two situations mentioned above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
qwertymartin wrote:
DaveyJJ wrote:
qwertymartin wrote:
DaveyJJ wrote:

Correct.

It doesn't sit as a normal card - you flip it upside down and tuck it under your player card. Its *only* effect is to give you one influence point - you can't use any of its actions.

Or do you mean before it has been assassinated? At that point it's just like any other tableau card - and the Loyalty prize band doesn't give you any influence. The only way the Loyalty prize band can count towards influence is the two situations mentioned above.

Sorry to derail thread.

Yes, before it's assassinated sitting in someone's tableau. It's a normal card unless a spy is sitting on it, then it gives influence to that player in that nation. Or once assassinated, it's tucked under you player card and you change loyalty, like a Patriot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:
Yes, before it's assassinated sitting in someone's tableau. It's a normal card unless a spy is sitting on it, then it gives influence to that player in that nation. Or once assassinated, it's tucked under you player card and you change loyalty, like a Patriot.

You got it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.